721 Questions for Tonight Tech Chat Needed!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Actually they did answer a bunch of them (Although most were called in) :)

Dish asked for questions so I ask you for your questions and passed them on. :)

Scott,

While they did answer a few of the questions we posted (via others that were called in), they didn't answer a lot of them. Is DISH going to take the list that you passed on to them and follow up and supply you the answers to the questions that were not answered?

Scott, I read the tech chat recap and didn't notice too many 721 questions, definetly wasn't complaining that you asked I understand Dish wanted questions, maybe I will go and re-read the chat I didn't remember too much as far as 721 stuff. I know you are just the messenger.

Why bother, It took DISH almost a year for this lame update. I will be happy if the 721 that I'm getting swapped out with just works.

uponthemountain said:
When and if the OpenTV support comes for the 721... will the current software be replaced or just enhanced with additional support and features ... in other words, will it end up as ugly as my 5xx ? :)
I'm gonna be one majorly upset person if we lose our current interface to get OpenTV!

I hate to say it, but if they did that, I think it might cause me to switch to the evil empire...

They said on the Tech Chat that they do plan on adding Name Based Recordings, but do not know when they are going to add this feature.

Also they mentioned something about the storage of programs on the hard drive to be sent to a computer is a possibility in the future but with the movie makers not liking that it would not definitely be something they would roll out in the future.

aperry said:
uponthemountain said:
When and if the OpenTV support comes for the 721... will the current software be replaced or just enhanced with additional support and features ... in other words, will it end up as ugly as my 5xx ? :)
I'm gonna be one majorly upset person if we lose our current interface to get OpenTV!

I hate to say it, but if they did that, I think it might cause me to switch to the evil empire...

I don't think you have to worry about that one too much. OpenTV didn't change the 501's user interface so I doubt it will impact the one in the 721.

I sure hope not...

And it's too bad it didn't change the 5XX interface, it really needs to look better. Maybe someday they will at least allow you to select between color schemes.

Now there's an idea, color schemes! Dish, are you listening? :D

I dont get how changing the color schemes among other features come so easy for some DirecTv receivers while it comes so hard for Dish Network receivers.

Unthinkable said:
I don't think you have to worry about that one too much. OpenTV didn't change the 501's user interface so I doubt it will impact the one in the 721.

I hope you are right.

I had always assumed that the reason 5xx looked so bad was open tv, I figured it was a scripted/interpreted kind of windows as dictated by opentv.

It's a releif to here that is not the case.

It is also kind of puzzling why they made the interface the way they did though (on the 501,508,510). It looks quite 'simple'.

Speaking of color schemes, have any of you seen the Local Conditions screen on the Instant Weather? Wow that is bad! You can hardly read it because the text is almost the same color as the background. Sure hope they can do something about that. Small compared to everything else, but I can't believe it was allowed to slip through that way!

Someone else said the same thing treiher about the new 721 Current Conditions Weather Screen. Is this what you are talking about? If so it is due to the transparency functionality. I wonder if changing the transparency in the preferences menu to off would help this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts