721 replacement program?

jaaageee

Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Hello all,
Since Dish decided to cut off my 721 a week ago, :mad:, yes I did have service up to then, I contacted Dish to get my replacement receiver. Well, I got it yesterday and it was a remanufacturered 522. Here is what doesn't seem right. All of the paperwork in the box indicates that this is a "Dishin It Up" promotion and that I would be required to sign a 2-year contract to use this 522 and I MUST send back my old receiver.
I have been reading all of the post concerning the 721 replacement program but I haven't seen this yet. Anyone with a replacement receiver for the 721 get this? I paid alot of money for my 721 and even though it is no longer useful for receiving the Dish signal, it's still mine. Man, as a Dish customer for many years, I starting to get pissed. Let me know what you think.

Blame the court system for the 721 being deactivated. The paper work in your box was probably prepackaged for a Dishing it up promotion. Questions about ownership should be addressed to DISH though it really dosen't matter it dosen't cost(or shouldn't) any more per month for the 522 and you can still receive DISH programming.

you should not have any committment , and you should not have to send in your 721 (unless you want a $10 credit)
call in and make sure they put in the
right info on your account.
you should not have any addtional fees (no dvr fee and no lease fee)
Dish does own the 522, but not your 721.

Since you waited so long, you might have lost out on the previous deal. Maybe you need to sign a 2 year agreement now. But certainly you need not send in your 721. You'll only get a $10 credit for the 721. I sent mine in, never bothered to check to see if I got the $10.

Call a CSR. You may luck out and find someone knowledgeable, especially if you go thru tech.

Dish Network will NOT do a dang thing for you about this. You have to take the deal or leave it and they will even cancel your subscription for you if you want. I tried and talked to the highest people up regarding this. The best I could do is that I wanted a 722 as well and decided that this leased 522 would replace one I already had on my account and they waived the & $75 activation fee on the 722 but I had to sign a 2 year agreement to get the 722. I previously needed a 721 and 522 to have enough hours for all the shows that I watched and the 722 replaced them both and then some and allowed me HD content plus waived DVR fee on the 522 which almost makes up for my HD fee that they charge me each month, more than makes up for it seeing how I do not have an additional outlet that I had before on the account.

The 522 is better than the 721 because it has two tv outputs and it allows name based recording plus 10 more hours of storage. I was pissed about them wanting to take over ownership on the 522 but these DVR receivers have come down in price to where they are now only going for $75-$100 for a good used on on ebay.

Dish Network will NOT do a dang thing for you about this. You have to take the deal or leave it and they will even cancel your subscription for you if you want. I tried and talked to the highest people up regarding this. The best I could do is that I wanted a 722 as well and decided that this leased 522 would replace one I already had on my account and they waived the & $75 activation fee on the 722 but I had to sign a 2 year agreement to get the 722. I previously needed a 721 and 522 to have enough hours for all the shows that I watched and the 722 replaced them both and then some and allowed me HD content plus waived DVR fee on the 522 which almost makes up for my HD fee that they charge me each month, more than makes up for it seeing how I do not have an additional outlet that I had before on the account.

The 522 is better than the 721 because it has two tv outputs and it allows name based recording plus 10 more hours of storage. I was pissed about them wanting to take over ownership on the 522 but these DVR receivers have come down in price to where they are now only going for $75-$100 for a good used on on ebay.

Nah ya didn't. ;) That's just the best off YOU got.

You are getting a better DVR and, believe me, you DON'T want to own these things unless you have to. 721 owners had no choice as it was offered as at retail price/ownership only for "power user" market. Believe me I will be more than happy to send in my 2 leased DVR's for their latest and greatest. That's how it works now. This is NOT the 1990's sat technology anymore, and great improvements, enhancements and features are coming just about every few years in new STB's.

I owned my 811 and they send me a leased 211, but since I owned the 811, they waived the $5 second receiver fee forever. Now I have a 211 DVR. I Love it. I Love Dish, they have treated me right and I am happy with my HD Absolute package, so far. I also have the 722. Another great receiver and great HD programming. I am sorry that so many of you guys are so unhappy with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)