721 Update L175

A NEW PROBLEM.... I now have found that all of my timer conflicts are not showing on the conflict screen. In most cases, some of the daily timers I had programmed before the new download came were the ones not showing up when I have a conflict.

After my "new" 721 downloaded L175, I lost the 105 satellite. After running a check switch, everything seems to be OK.

Have new software releases always required re-running a check switch?

pacman said:
So has anyone contacted Dish about this problem??
I contacted ceo@echostar.com on 4/21 and this was the response:

"Currently we are looking into all the bugs of the latest software download.

I don't have an ETA of when the next software will release.

I will keep you posted."

Knowing that office, I suspect that she will be very good about getting back to me.

JimW396 said:
Same problem here with the intermittent skipback malfunction. :mad:
As of last night, still have the 10 second skipback problem; it's not fixed yet. Dish Network, if you're out there, what's going on with the fix?

I'm having the skipback problem as well. When you accidently skip forward one too many times and then you can't go back - Man that makes you mad! Please fix soon Dish Network.

I have two 721's and just noticed the skipback problem the last few days on both receivers. It appears to be very random. Rewinding will always get around the problem though...

My 721 is becoming very annoying. The bugs are piling up.

I have the "Unknown channel 77" recording label error now on everything.
The skip back 10 seconds button rarely works any more.
4X forward is actually regular speed but no sound.
SKipping forward 30 secs frequently ends up with no sound
MLB EI cannot be recorded unless you start watching it first:
- If I program to record a ballgame, I get 4 hours of the MLB EI banner
- If I record after the game starts and then set to record an hour long or so
and then watch later, when I pause it says I have 400 or more minute delay
and when I try to skip back, it goes all the way back to the beginning of the
recording.

I have rebooted and none of these errors go away.

E* just don't care about us 721 owners anymore. They got our big bucks ($600) for the product and now they don't get a DVR fee from us so they would rather we just get pissed of with the 721 and move to a receiver with a DVR fee.

Finally got a response. Supposedly 1.75 could not have caused this problem (it was just a "daylight savings time update"). BUT, they are aware of the "skip back" problem and said that they should have a fix by mid June (next release for 721). For now, the rewind button is the temporary solution.

The email stated that the problem is being caused by some higher band channels...? One thing I did notice this weekend - it happens even with shows that are not recorded, but running live too, on some channels (I noticed it on channel 329).

I'm having the skip back problem on my 921 which has the same L213 software as before this started. There have also been similar posts from 522 owners. Maybe it is a problem with the channels, possibly with the encoding?

I have the skipback problem too, started with the update.

Funny how this problem that isn't software related just happened to occur when we got new software... :(

BobaBird said:
I'm having the skip back problem on my 921 which has the same L213 software as before this started. There have also been similar posts from 522 owners. Maybe it is a problem with the channels, possibly with the encoding?

Channels like FX and TNT can't skip back at all, while my local ABC ( VA) works fine...

Just hooked up my 522 and so far no skip backs on FX and TNT or any other channels.

Here is what Dish support emailed me about the problem: "...actually affects many of our hard drive based receivers and is related to recent bandwidth changes / higher bandwidth channels. This will likely be corrected by software in the not too distant future; using rewind instead of reverse skip is the work-around until then. Tentative release timeframe for the next release for the 721 is mid to late June."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)