722 and sling link turbo loss of connection.

tmorg

Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Oklahoma
I have a 722 that has been connected for several months with a sling link turbo. The sling link for some reason is no longer providing connectivity but there are some other strange things. First I though the SL would show up under IP devices...? Nothing there. Second I notice the MAC address listed on the Network Screen is not that of the SL. I thought possibly that MAC may be what is being passed by the router the SL is connected to instead of the SL itself. I guess my question would be is there a way to get the Reciever to release the MAC address shown in the network screen and get it to re-detect the sling link. The SL still shows all three lights green when it's plugged in. I ave unplugged the reciever for 10 minutes and power back up just hoping it migh redect it that way. Any help is gratly appreciated.

Menu, 6 1 8 2.
Reset connection.

It should also list the ethernet and homeplug (slinglink) MAC address on that screen. The slinglink basically acts as a bridge but the router may only see the slinglink connected when it comes to MAC addresses.

I tried getting the reciever to scan for dishComm devices it only sees the reciever and I've tried many time to reset connection to get an IP address it always fails with no error. I can run a cable across the Living floor and get and IP just fine..... Just not sure why it lost the sling link and doesn't re-detect it....

Only the phone-based Dishcomm modem will show up there along with other receivers in the home.

I'd call Dish and say the Slinglink has ceased working and see if they can send you a new one or have someone come out and fix it for you.

I was just trying the 6,1,8,2 posted above....Broadband shows nothing and doesn't see the slinglink..... I appreciate the comments....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)