722 Does not see all sats

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vodad

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I am having an issue with my equipment, it started out as my 922 and 722 would not see all the sats

Tech came out replaced the dish and lnb. 922 working just fine now. the 722 will not work, he tried a new 722 still not working, then got playing around with the electrical outlet and it was loose and the output was sporatic. I replaced the plug and everything seems fine with it, getting the right amount of juice and all. I even ran an extenstion cord from another room to the 722 just to make sure it wasnt the power, but the 722 will still only see the 110 sat.

Only other thing I can think of is that the cable coming from the dish to the 722 was an existing cable, could that be the problem and it was the one powering the dish, and now the 922 is, which is making the 922 work correctly but the cable is still causing the 722 problems. This cable is going to be a pain to replace because of where it is running, and and I do not want to be wasting my time.

That is on my to do list first. trying a couple other things to make sure it is not a power issue first. I just dont see it at this point, but that cable is the only thing left that has not been replaced. I do have a 100' rg6 cable I can route through a door and window to test the cable and not have to replace the one first, so that test is happening tonight as well. i will let you know how it turns out.

That is actually harder to do then to swap the cable with the way everything is set up.

lol for me too, I just can go downstairs and change the cables around and/or at the Dish faster than changing receivers.

Laid out the cable, and what do you know 722 seen all three sats no problem, so the cable is the problem. Now I just need to get Dish out to replace that cable run and I should be good to go.

Thanks Zach for all that you do, appointment setup for tommorrow.

Just a quick follow-up on this one, Tech was at the house about 7:45am Sat, left a little after 11. :eek:

replaced everything, and I do mean everything. still could not get it to work. The problem was never with the 722, which by the way is a 722k now. Turns out the problem was with the 922, (new one of them too) and more specifically with the outlet it was plugged into. I cannot explain why because everything checks out just fine with the outlet and everything else that is or has been plugged into this outlet.

So basically what happened was, when I ran a new wire for the 722 it saw everything fine, cause I hooked it to the wire the 922 was connected on the ground block, thus taking the 922 when I was testing. So the real problem was, with just one receiver plugged in everything was fine, but the minute you plugged in two receiver the system did not work. Once we plugged the 922 into a new outlet the check switch ran fine, saw all the sats and everything is just fine.

This has got to the strangest thing I have seen, voltage on the outlet is just fine, grounded correctly.

But I must just say, the Tech stuck with it and we finally figured it out. I do not think this would have been figured out had the Tech been one that would not listen to suggestions, he was as stumped as I was, and called his supervisor twice to get input from him, and never gave up.

Something else I found funny, the first tech suspected the outlet the 722 was plugged into was the problem and basically said there is nothing he could do until we replaced it, and left. The second tech went to his truck got an extension cord and tried an outlet in another room and saw that it was not the outlet right away. which also helped with finding the 922 problem cause he did the same thing with it and everything started working.

Last edited:
Dish techs are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Tech roulette.

Is the suspect outlet that the 922 was plugged into on the same circuit as the 722 outlet? Just another angle to consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts