722 Duo or 922 Duo to replace 512 DVR - No Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I still want to chime in here and say the 922 wasn't so bad towards the end. I think it's a disservice for DISH to arbitrarily decide the Sling features should be disabled. I would be leading riots in the street if I bought a 922 to activate and discovered that because of arbitrary political reasons the Sling features would not be enabled but I still have to pay a $10 DVR fee (for WHAT).

Normally I would be on Dishs side on that, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Except, they just want to phase it out 100%. I am curious as to the justification on the dvr service fee remaining the same, and I'm betting they will say becUse of the newer GUI and the larger hard drive(not defending them, just thinking of what they might say). Honestly, if it is a ploy to remove them all off the market, they really should just throw them in the legacy basket with the other legacy SD receivers and just start having them all disabled by May31. Give the upgrades(downgrades) to the 722, and that will clear their shelves of 722s as well. Makes more room to push the hopper to new customers, and makes sure when the time comes to remove the 722s(many years down the road), they will have assisted in depleting inventory with minimal loss.

Reactions: TheKrell
Almost all 900 series dvrs were pretty bad, Except the 942 model.
The DTV tuner was a nice addition as was TV2 but the failure to include MPEG4 is not easily forgiven. In the grand scheme, the 942 was really just an MPEG2 version of the ViP622 and like the DIRECTV HR10-250, should have been MPEG4.

The beef with the 942 was that so many figured it must be MPEG4 capable (and some DISH CSRs even confirmed that it was).

Reactions: navychop
The DTV tuner was a nice addition as was TV2 but the failure to include MPEG4 is not easily forgiven. In the grand scheme, the 942 was really just an MPEG2 version of the ViP622 and like the DIRECTV HR10-250, should have been MPEG4.

The beef with the 942 was that so many figured it must be MPEG4 capable (and some DISH CSRs even confirmed that it was).
Yes, it was the basis they used for the 622. But at the time we had no name based recording and if I remember right ,the 942 was the first hd dvr that had it. That was why it was so great. I had two of them back then. It was 2005 when I had them, because when we evacuated for Hurricane Rita that year I took both of them with me. My next hd dvr receiver was the 622.

Well, I ordered the 722K with the additional OTA receiver. This plus the 3xx I have in the bedroom (that goes in the RV when we travel) should keep me set for awhile. Appreciate all the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)