722 DVR recording reboots constantly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bumfish

Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
The 722 that I just received from DISH constantly reboots when I am recording a program on the DVR. During a hour program, the receiver will go power off, reboot and then go thru tests 1-5, then start recording again all without customer input. This happens 3 or 4 times during all recordings but only during DVR recording. Not while watching programing. DISH says it is caused by the signal being interrupted by weather problems. Can this be true? I don't understand how the weather can effect the DVR recording but not the normal reception. HELP!!

While your DVR may not work when it is connected to the network, it may when it IS NOT! Mine is doing the reboot thing. I noticed it is only happening when I am watching a DVRed item AND it had connection. (I was watching DVRed items while it was searching and then as soon as it would come up it would reboot).

So, to view your recorded items you can just unplug your Receiver from your dish and watch all day long! When you are done watching plug your dish back in and reboot. It will record as long as you arent watching it (errr.... a DVRed item). Then just come back, unplug power, drop dish connection and reboot! Watch away!

Oh, I called dish last night. They sent one out with very little effort on my part. Free- and I dont have their insurance crap.

Dish came out and "dialed in" the signals for all 3 sats and replaced the 722 with new one. Problem fixed. Don't know if new receiver or better reception was the reason, but since I am good to go, I will not ask.

I had the constant reboot issue also. I got my replacement receiver today. When I called to activate it tonight it killed my grandfathered HD Absolute package.. GRRRRRRR!!!

update - I raised a little hell on the phone and got transferred to the Exec CS level (the ceo@echostar crew). They ended up giving me Turbo HD Gold, Platinum HD add-on, and Locals for the same $34.99 price as I had HD Absolute and Locals before the 722 swap -- for 6 months. It was done as a $20 monthly discount. At first they tried to make me have one of the SD packages, but I didn't go for it. Net effect - same price and I get my RSN now. I did have to drop the 721 (was soon to be 522) from my service, as he said they will not do TurboHD only with any non-HD receivers on the account. I will just do TV2 for the room that had the 721. It was worth it to keep all my HD and get my RSN at $34.99 for 6 months.

Last edited:
This is a good way for Dish Network to lose their highest paying subscribers as in a lot of cases they would be the ones with the 722 receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts