722 DVR to Zune... is it possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SoxFan34

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Is it possible to view tv shows that I have saved to my 722 harddrive on my Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Media Player? The Zune says that it supports the following formats: MP3, WMA and ACC audio formats, displays JPEG image formats plus displays WMV, MPEG-4 and H.264 video formats.

If so... how do I do it?

Thanks,

No, you can't. The recordings are encrypted and only the receiver can decrypt it.

Sorry if it's off topic, but:

What about using RCA (Red/White/Yellow) outputs from back of 722 to a dvd recorder? Are those also encrypted such that a dvd recorder would not be able to record? (I realize it could/would not be HD).

Well part of the problem is you bought a zune instead of an iPod. Dish has a portable player you can use. Maybe you should consider an ipod touch over your zune. or any other player on the market.

Is it possible to view tv shows that I have saved to my 722 harddrive on my Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Media Player?
At this time, digital transfers are supported only to the Archos manufactured digital media players. This includes the PocketDish media players. Note that these transfers are limited to SD content only.

Well part of the problem is you bought a zune instead of an iPod. Dish has a portable player you can use. Maybe you should consider an ipod touch over your zune. or any other player on the market.
While ubiquitous and wickedly expensive, the DISH Network receivers won't transfer to an IPod either.

While ubiquitous and wickedly expensive, the DISH Network receivers won't transfer to an IPod either.

Yeah the guy was just Zune bashing. Iclones do that from time to tome.

You could record it to DVD (if you have a DVD recorder) using the RCA out jacks then rip it to the Zune or any other multimedia player for that matter.

Yeah the guy was just Zune bashing. Iclones do that from time to tome.

You could record it to DVD (if you have a DVD recorder) using the RCA out jacks then rip it to the Zune or any other multimedia player for that matter.

Yes, you could, but at a serious cost of time and quality lost in the transfers.

Well recording can be done at bed or whenever. Thats the long part. once you got it that far it would be simple as running your favorite encoder and letting it sync.

But yeah, It defiantly would be time consuming.

Another *ahem* way to do this would be using a capture card such as the Winhauppauge 350 and just transferring the *.wmv recorded afterwards. (Zune 2 software which Zune 1 will be running with the new firm ware) can pull recorded shows directly from a MCE box.

Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder 2 Digital Video Recorder works well for portable video player with memory card slot. It records directly to memory card and you don't have to do any encoding afterward. For Zune, I guess you will have to copy the file from memory card to Zune's hard drive. At least you don't have to do any encoding.

$120 Free Ship at Amazon

Files actually on the internal HDD on 622/722 are NOT encrypted, only EHD files are encrypted.

EHD=External Hard Drive

You simply use PVRExplorer Pro to read the files and it outputs them as MPEG2. MPEG4 is not yet readable. All directions are in the yahoo group by the same name.

Do not attempt to read the drive in Windows, the PC may re initialize the drive and damage the linux FS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts