722 Freeze problem

doublek97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
I have a 722 receiver and just started having a problem. When I firist turn on the television and the receiver, the receiver comes on but is unresponsive to the remote control for about a minute. Then, all of a sudden, it starts reacting to the commands. It is quite frustrating to say the least. I got the receiver and the HDTV last October and didn't have any problems whatsoever until just recently. Any ideas on what is causing it/how to end it?

Did you recently make any changes to the backlight settings on your TV?

Frequently the backlight on a LCD TV will emit IR when it is first turned on that interferes with the remote.

Try turning the TV on then wait 5 minutes and see if the 722 comes on and has the same behavior, if it does, it is the receiver, if it does not, it's the IR from the backlight.

I believe the auto setting on the backlight is the one that causes the problem.

Did you recently make any changes to the backlight settings on your TV?

Frequently the backlight on a LCD TV will emit IR when it is first turned on that interferes with the remote.

Try turning the TV on then wait 5 minutes and see if the 722 comes on and has the same behavior, if it does, it is the receiver, if it does not, it's the IR from the backlight.

I believe the auto setting on the backlight is the one that causes the problem.

:up:up:up

Thank you!

Thank you very much for the diagnosis! I changed the backlight setting and everything works great again! Problem solved!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts