The Official "Yay I got my 922 installed" thread.

RisingForce

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
OH
Scott , you dont count ;):p

The tech is at my house as Im typing this , replacing my VIP622....
Sucks that I have to work till 8pm(EST) ,, and the wife gets to play around with the damn thing before I do !!!

:up

OK, that is how you will mirror to your other rooms (via the output on the module).

My install was finished about an hour ago but I had to go back to work. But I am watching it via sling right now :) shhhhhh don't tell the boss LOL

My install was for this morning between 8-12, received call yesterday evening confirming appointment, no call or knock yet today. I hate no call no shows...

I am likely going to pull the blinds and get ready to get to work. :mad:

they installed mine perfectly, they were great installers too changed out dish, transponders, switch, and were willing to help me with getting the computer part working (thanks to these forums i was good on that front :) ) it went a lot better than i expected (san diego area)

Mine's done too. Some odd issue with the guide showing the wrong time completely. Just did a hard reset and that fixed it. The Tech even called me back a few mins ago saying it's a known issue that will be fixed in tonight's software release. I notice the logos weren't all there and that it now uses TV Guide for program info. Maybe we get better show info now. Here's for hoping.

Mine's done too. Some odd issue with the guide showing the wrong time completely. Just did a hard reset and that fixed it. The Tech even called me back a few mins ago saying it's a known issue that will be fixed in tonight's software release. I notice the logos weren't all there and that it now uses TV Guide for program info. Maybe we get better show info now. Here's for hoping.

:up:up:up yup hard reset worked thanks.

They caught be as I was getting ready to leave, all installed, sling working. Time to get to work will have to play in the morning. :)

Got mine installed yesterday morning. Was the third one in the North Western side of Houston.

Tech's did a great job. Their first install of a 922. Replaced a slightly defective 722k that I just got last fall. They just pulled out the 722 and put in the 922.

Took a super long time to get the Receiver Authorization portion of the setup on the 922. We sat and watched that screen for about 15 or 20 minutes.

The techs seemed very happy with the way the 922 sets itself up. The finding the sat scanning and other combined screens.

The Sling setup portion was a breeze as I already have a Sling Box/Sling Catcher in the house. Just plug and play pretty much.

Had the issue that is being reported in another thread that the watching the Sling feed on Dish's website is not working. But looks great on my iPhone.

Had the time being wrong issue too. Hard reset fixed that.

Now trying to get all of the saved media from my 722 to the 922. Dish said that the 922 is not ready to support an external hard drive yet. Anyone know when that might be available?

~K

An update on my 922 install. As you all know, I was supposed to have the install tomorrow morning. This morning while I was at work, the manager of Satellites Unlimited's office at Tupelo called me and asked me if they could come some time today. I told him that I worked in Birmingham, and I had to leave early today anyway to go to the dentist. He agreed to have an installer come to my home at 3:30 this evening. The guy that they sent out was excellent. He was very careful with my equipment and while we chatted he found out about my knowledge of satellite equipment, etc.. He was young, only about 24, but very polite and nice. Everything installed great, and, I even gave him a $10 tip Scott :) Even though he hooked the receiver up. I do not know for sure, but he told me that his manager told him that I was the first person that Satellites Unlimited had installed a 922 for in their service area. I think that is most of Alabama and Mississippi at least, and maybe parts of Tennessee and Georgia.

An update on my 922 install. As you all know, I was supposed to have the install tomorrow morning. This morning while I was at work, the manager of Satellites Unlimited's office at Tupelo called me and asked me if they could come some time today. I told him that I worked in Birmingham, and I had to leave early today anyway to go to the dentist. He agreed to have an installer come to my home at 3:30 this evening. The guy that they sent out was excellent. He was very careful with my equipment and while we chatted he found out about my knowledge of satellite equipment, etc.. He was young, only about 24, but very polite and nice. Everything installed great, and, I even gave him a $10 tip Scott :) Even though he hooked the receiver up. I do not know for sure, but he told me that his manager told him that I was the first person that Satellites Unlimited had installed a 922 for in their service area. I think that is most of Alabama and Mississippi at least, and maybe parts of Tennessee and Georgia.

I live in Tennessee and I was told I was the first to have a 922 installed. I had mines installed at 8am yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts