The Official "Yay I got my 922 installed" thread.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I live in Tennessee and I was told I was the first to have a 922 installed. I had mines installed at 8am yesterday.

Is Satellites Unlimited out of Birmingham your regional service provider (that is if you order through Dish Network directly, that is what I did and they are mine, you could have another RSP) I was just going by what the technician said.

Last edited:
Apparently I'm one of the first installs in the Columbus area. There were 5 techs at my house. Two primary installers & 3 people learning about the new box. Took the techs 2 hours for the install, which included:
1. 622--->922
2. 622--->722k
3. 211--->211k

Overall I am pleased. There are a few things I am looking into (like why the bottom guide listing is cut in half!)

My guy came EARLY! Was sheduled between 12-5 and he showed up @ 10AM. Would have been fin but he woke me up! Oh well. He left about 11:30 and it looks like I'm having the same issues as everyone else. (No logos, EHD not showing up, etc.) Love the new UI though. I can't decide if I want to keep the cursor hidden or not. It looks nicer invisible, but the UI still has some places where you can't tell are selected. Sling website config was a snap. Streaming inside the house over WirelessN and my laptop pulls down 8Mbps/sec. Really nice picture. My wife is going to love the Auto-Volume leveling.

Had mine installed yesterday, spent a bunch of time getting the Sling to work on my iPhone, but got that going thanks to another thread.

First one in the area, had some odd issues with tyhe remote not connecting to the 922 but then went through the troubleshooting guide and tried unlinking the remote first, after that it connected fine.

While I was messing around with the the tech went back to thier depot and got another box and remote, but wasn't needed after all.

Compaired to the old box I had this is really nice and working fine, same issues with weather and a few other things, but it looks like thes common.

So far so good!

I called Friday afternoon and had mine installed this morning (Saturday). Installer was here at 8am!! At first the CSR had me paying $385!! She appologized and told me that she could not do anything because that was what her software was saying.

She also said that I had to be on Eastern Arc for the 922 -- no explanation. She then said she was going to transfer me to a tech and see if they could help me. WELL -- the tech actually looked at my account and said that I was one of their better customers and that he would see what he could do. He offered to sign me up at $6 a month for the maintance contract (no problem there) and with that I got the 922 for $200, $15 install, the OTA cartridge $29 and the Eastern Arch install for free (if you can say that) Total bill $244.99.

As I said the guy was there at 8am sharp!!! He was very nice - did a great install on the new dish - very professional job and I installed the 922 in my HT stack. Man does it look sweet. Everything went well except I could not get Sling to work - could contol the 922 remotely but could not get Sling running on the computer. He told me that as long as I was accesing from within the state I could get HD on the Sling. If I went out of state and tried to access it would be SD. And no logos for the channels. Nice that Scott posted that it might take 24 hours for everthing to work. Thanks Scott for that post! So far, I am very happy! :)

Last edited:
Apparently I'm one of the first installs in the Columbus area. There were 5 techs at my house. Two primary installers & 3 people learning about the new box. Took the techs 2 hours for the install, which included:
1. 622--->922
2. 622--->722k
3. 211--->211k

Overall I am pleased. There are a few things I am looking into (like why the bottom guide listing is cut in half!)

I was installed two days ago...

First install in Ft Lauderdale\Maimi area for my dish techs.
Three techs came to see how to set the 922 up..

Smooth install except for the remote not linking.
But they ironed that out..

Simply put..outstanding product!!! I love it!!

My installer arrived approximately 9:30 this am (he came from 2 hrs away). First thing he said to me is that the three guys in his office that were trained were all off and this was his first one.

Anyway he had no problem getting it up and running. I got internet access through 200 mbs homeplugs that I had been using with my 622. Additionally I decided to keep the 622 or now and put it in the room that will eventually be used as TV2 (with the extender). Until that product arrives I'll be able to watch HD on that TV.

He wasn't knowledgable at all about the sling functions but I was able to watch on my iphone after a bit o tweeking.

Logos were available right away but I did have the same time issue that did resolved after a hard reset.

My EHD did appear but as I tried to transfer a group of 4 Chuck recordings, 1 made it over and the other three were corrupted.

The most interesting part of the whole install however was the end. He came running in to my room after completing the install and said "I'm very sorry but I have to go...my fiance is in labor."

Had my 922 installed this morning. I was the this tech's first 922 and the third they have done overall in San Antonio. I think he said 1 of those was at a supervisor's house. The install went without a hitch. The one thing he was very paranoid about was not using the remote until the current software came down. He would only use the touch interface on the front of the unit because he claimed using the remote too early would lock up the receiver. Not sure why.

I have finally been able to test the features and everything seems to be working fine. The dish on demand movie search won't get past a few screens of thumbnails before locking up. Was going to try a 1080p movie, but it can wait.

Sling is working ok on SD, but I appear to be bandwidth challenged for HD. Having to go through the dish website means I can't take advantage of my home network speed and must use the 1MB of upstream I have.

One interesting thing was that he included a sling turbo (home plug) box with the install. I hadn't heard that mentioned before and was very surprised. It works pretty well, but I need to upgrade the surge suppressors to get a consistent connection. It is very spotty at this time.

Love the box and interface. Once the EHD issue is straightened out I will be set.

Had my 922 installed this morning. I was the this tech's first 922 and the third they have done overall in San Antonio. I think he said 1 of those was at a supervisor's house. The install went without a hitch. The one thing he was very paranoid about was not using the remote until the current software came down. He would only use the touch interface on the front of the unit because he claimed using the remote too early would lock up the receiver. Not sure why.

I heard this too. My trainers made it very clear to techs to not use the remote till the very end.

I did my own install, but I had no logos or anything like that till the next morning.

I am putting my recordings from my EHD on my 922 right now.

This thing is great.

Much of the same here. Told I was install #5 in Tucson. Remote programming also done at the end.

I made it easy for the installer - had all the cables (HDMI, Cat5e, RG6) all wired and ready to go when he arrived. Only snafu is it took a while for the guide to download.

Tech told me streaming was off-line but when he left, I was able to "sling" to my iPhone. :)

I do wish I could use TV2 out for the kid's room...

Woke up Sunday and everything works well. Watching HDMV on the computer right now while I am typing this.

On using the Home Theater remote with the 922. If it was working with the Dish DVR that you are replaciing then all you have to do is go into the Remote Setting under Settings in the Menu and turn on IR Support. My Harmony One worked perfectly with the 922 after I did this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts