722 freezing and rebooting

yoji

Original poster
Sep 25, 2003
My 722 turns one year old next month - it's celebrating by constantly freezing and rebooting.

I just finished up with tech support and they are shipping me a new unit. With zero problems for a year this weekend my dish troubles started.

Every time I access any saved programs - to watch or delete - it will freeze and eventually restart. I don't have an excessive number of timers scheduled and I have about 14 hours (in HD) of available space on the hard drive.

I saw some of the threads about the new software update causing problems. I got the software on time with most everyone else, but my problems did not start until the last couple of days.

Is the freezing/rebooting still a big issue with 722s?

I would of said no, but after last night at 10:00pm my 722 went through a cycle of reboots till I unplugged the damn receiver. That broke the cycle and the receiver went back to work. I don't know why it decided to crash right at the climax of the Criminal Minds season premier, but luckily I had recorded it and it was still there to watch. This might be due to the latest software update L614. I have yet to see the release notes on what this fixes.

I have had zero problems with my receiver today. Interestingly enough I had a Dish receiver waiting on my doorstep when I got home this afternoon.

Dish sent me a 625 to replace my 722. A quick call got that straightened out, but it would have been much worse if my receiver had still been acting up.

I will give my receiver a workout over the weekend with football to see if it's still doing the freeze/crash/reboot dance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts