722 hooked to broad band connection wirelessely

kennya

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
McAlester, OK
Is it possible to hook up my 722 through my wireless router? Was mentioned in another thread that someone was trying, so I am wondering if it is possible.

I apologize if there is already another thread, I did a quick search and came up with nothing. :up

Is it possible to hook up my 722 through my wireless router? Was mentioned in another thread that someone was trying, so I am wondering if it is possible.

I apologize if there is already another thread, I did a quick search and came up with nothing. :up

A couple of ways... run a cable to the router. Setup a wireless bridge. Or buy a simple homeplug adapter and the 722 will connect via the powerlines in the home. Search for HomePlug.

Was just looking at the home plugs. Question on them, would I need two of them, one at the router and one at the 722?

Gotchya. So would you go that route or the wireless bridge? Is their advantages or disadvanteges to either?

Get the Homeplug. Easy to setup and reliable.

Read the thread that has the title of something like "built in Homeplug in 622 - how cool is that?" Lots of good info.

i am new to this forum and a new 722 user..i am confused abvout this homeplug..whats can you do onced your hooked to broadband?

i am new to this forum and a new 722 user..i am confused abvout this homeplug..whats can you do onced your hooked to broadband?
This will allow the 722/622 to "phone home" so you don't need to be connected to a phone line. It will also allow you to use the upcoming DishOnline features and the new Dish on Demand video service.

I have been reading all the threads I could get my hands on and did not seem to find if the phone homeplug would work with fios or not, that is why I asked. All I want to do is save the $5 monthly fee for not having a phone line/network hooked up. I would rather hook up to the phone and not through my home network.

I have been reading all the threads I could get my hands on and did not seem to find if the phone homeplug would work with fios or not, that is why I asked. All I want to do is save the $5 monthly fee for not having a phone line/network hooked up. I would rather hook up to the phone and not through my home network.

I have three 722s hooked up to phone connection for the on screen caller ID. Two 722s are hooked up to the Internet with CAT5e cable thru several Links switches to a Links WRT54GS Wireless router. The third 722 is connected to a Links WET54G Wireless Bridge. Everything works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts