722 Installation Summary problem................

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
I just installed a replacement 722 for one that crashed it's hard drive. Didn't have any problems with the port assignments on the old one. I have included a picture of the new summary and the one on the right ( Satellite Input 2 ) has the problem, I think. What could have caused the problem? All of the ports are correctly input on the DP44 switch in the basement. as this has been hooked up for a couple of years without any inflictions. I do have another 722 running from the same DP44 and it has correct port assignments.
What do I do?
Thanks for any responses.............

Lyle IMG_2902.jpg

I would try a different port on the switch. If it is connected to port 1 try port two, but make sure and Leave the power inserter on port one. If the problem follows it, I would then try another seperator or triplexer, depending on what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just for information. I got everything back to normal.
The reason, I presume, I was having problems with the Installation Summary indicators was that I was doing a "Check Switch" in DUAL MODE on the receiver. I changed the receiver to SINGLE MODE and did the check and the problem was over. I also did a "System Info" run and it was normal. I hope this helps someone else. I really racked my brains, trying to figure out what could have been causing the problem with Sat 2 input. Thanks for the response, too.
Happy camper again..............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)