722 Losing Guide Information

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
Started about two weeks ago. When scrolling out beyond 48 hours I get a message saying the guide information needs refreshing. I click OK and and after the 5 minute wait all if fine. One or two days later I get the same message. After the 4th time I unplugged the 722 and rebooted it that way. Made no difference. I'm waiting for the reboot as I write this. The same thing happened 6 months ago and after 4 or 5 cold reboots the problem went away. Perhaps one of the Dish reps here can suggest something. the 722 is 3 years old and this is the only problem I've had. Thanks.

Check your signal strength on Satellite 119 transponder 18 (72.7 trans 21 if you're on EA), this is where the 7-9 day EPG info comes from. If the signal is low, it may not be downloading properly (doubt that's it, but a possibility). Also run a check switch test to make sure it's reading the sats properly, this should redownload EPG info again. Monitor the problem, and if it still is not holding EPG info, most likely we'll replace the receiver.

Also check that your automatic updates are turned on, and set for a time when nobody will interrupt it. Sadly, I can't think where it is in the menu right now.

Everything checks out OK. It's never turned off and downloads are set for 2am. All signals are good. Just won't hold the 7-9 day guide for more than 48 hours then I am prompted to reset the guide. If I get a new DVR will it be a rebuilt 722? If they want to send me a 722K should I ask them to include the OTA module at no cost. I record a ton of OTA stuff. Is the 722K any better than the 722? In the meantime I'll give this 722 every opportunity to fix itself. Maybe if I threaten it.

Everything checks out OK. It's never turned off and downloads are set for 2am. All signals are good. Just won't hold the 7-9 day guide for more than 48 hours then I am prompted to reset the guide. If I get a new DVR will it be a rebuilt 722? If they want to send me a 722K should I ask them to include the OTA module at no cost. I record a ton of OTA stuff. Is the 722K any better than the 722? In the meantime I'll give this 722 every opportunity to fix itself. Maybe if I threaten it.

Can't be sure. It could even be a rebuilt K. I'd certainly make a case for a free OTA module. The K might get some ViP922 EPG features before some other models. Or maybe never.

BTW, I'd refuse to accept a ViP622 as equivalent.

Good time to activate (for free) the EHD function, and move everything off your internal HDD.

Shipped RA's get the same model for a replacement. So the 722 will be replaced with another 722 (both non-k). Also, the person won't be able to see inventory, so there's no way of knowing if it's a refurb or not.

Dollars to donuts it's a refurb. Have to go pretty deep in some warehouse to find a new unused ViP722 unit at this date, no?

But he's turning in a used unit, so it makes sense anyway.

HIFI what a great catch!

I certainly do not have a problem with a refurb as long as it's actually been refurbed.. My neighbor got a reburbed 722 that still had the last persons card in it. I already have a EHD so saving the 722's contents will be no problem. I have had no problems with the OTA channels showing up on the guide during the 3 years I've had this 722. I may ask for a price concession (discount) on a new 922. If they offer me a good deal is the 922 worth it? I'm pretty sure there are no brand new 722's out there and since this is a lease program (isn't it?) should I not expect the same new 722K that a new sub would get? By the way, I am in Phoenix using sat. 129 and transponder 18 shows a solid green bar at 50%. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions. Life's a bitch and then ya die.

The card should come off the account along with the receiver (you don't keep the SC when a receiver RA is done). Although, in my couple years here, I have seen similar situations arise.

I changed my download or upload time from 3am to 4am. Some one else mentioned that this change fixed a similar problem for them. If it works I'll let you know.

I have always had good performance when I put my Dish Network DVR in Standby for the night.:)

I upgraded from the 622 to the 722k/w MT2(dual OTA tuner module).I definitely like it better and having the dual OTA tuners is just one of the reasons.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)