722 Multiple HD Outputs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
I have two 722's and four HD TV's.

How can I connect all of the TV's to both of the 722's?

By doing this (if possible) I can watch HD from either 722 on any of the TV's, e.g., by selecting Input 1 or 2.

Being a naturally born cheapskate :)rolleyes: its a genetic thing I got from my Dad) I would love a low cost solution.

You can deliver HD to all 4 sets with 2 722's if you don't want to view 4 different sat channels on the 4 HDTVs. Both HDMI and Component cables are active, so run one to one HDTV, the other to another. Now All 4 HDTVs get HD, but each pair of TVs have to view the same programming.

You can't (without some switches) get one 722 to all 4 HDTVs.

Does the TV2 remote operate the 722 in single mode? Also anyway to switch between single mode and dual mode from TV2 remote?

Well, I have found at least a partial solution...

I have the two 722's hooked up to the nearby TV's with component cables. I then ran two 50' Insten HDMI cables from the 722's to the third HDTV and used two of the three HDMI inputs to switch between the two receivers. Now to go from breadboard cables across the floor to getting them into the walls.

Yes the TV2 UHF remote also works in single mode. I think you have to switch between single and dual mode at the receiver.

You also have to have "shared view" enabled. If you don't it ignores the TV2 remote. Setting it to disabled is something that is useful if you don't need the TV2 outputs and Don't want some neighbors remote changing your channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts