722 Not recognizing 3 EHDs

OK, 3 days ago I changed the USB cable- All 3 EHDs are being recognized now. It's the 1st time I replaced the USB cab.- The 722 has 1 USB port. I would not have guessed that a metal end on a cable that still fits tight could go bad. One question- If I leave an EHD plugged in @ nightime does the HD go into sleep mode when the 722 is off? It blinks during the night if plugged in. Problem is gone! Thanks all for your help.

The 722 is never off. The front lights & output just don't do anything. It goes to the screen saver for output.

I have 2 EHD's. One is a WD the other a Seagate. The WD goes into sleep mode if I don't use it. The only way I can get it to be recognized is to unplug the usb. wait for the error message then plug it back in and let the 722 access the HD. The Seagate on the other hand, does not go into sleep mode and always recognized.

Doesn't WD have a program to defeat that feature? You'd have to hook up to a PC, and probably lose any programs. So if you find such a program, you might clear your EHD, hook it to a PC, run the program, and then the ViP will recognize the drive and maybe reformat it. But the EHD firmware won't shut it down anymore.

Is that WD from their "green" series? My "black" series never power down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts