722 question

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
On the problem of slow guide,it must also be some kind of problem with the 722 also,as a lot of the 722s have no problem with the new software. Lately,when mine is slow(only 1side),the early morning update fixes it.(so far only happens once every 2 weeks or so)
Do any of you have a 3D TV and if you do,how do you like it. Will have to buy a new TV in near future and am wondering which is the best over all,for 3D and regular,the Plasma or LED. Am trying to hold out as long as I can,waiting for more information on 3D,as its popularity is slow now,will probably pick up in time.
Thanks

On the problem of slow guide,it must also be some kind of problem with the 722 also,as a lot of the 722s have no problem with the new software. Lately,when mine is slow(only 1side),the early morning update fixes it.(so far only happens once every 2 weeks or so)
Do any of you have a 3D TV and if you do,how do you like it. Will have to buy a new TV in near future and am wondering which is the best over all,for 3D and regular,the Plasma or LED. Am trying to hold out as long as I can,waiting for more information on 3D,as its popularity is slow now,will probably pick up in time.
Thanks

There are those who say the 3D feature makes them quezzy(sick?) so it would make sense to try and find someone who already has one installed so you could try it first,before you buy it.;)

For less electricity use you would want the LCD/LED screen that is an LCD screen with LED backlighting and if you get a 3D model it would most likely be 240Hz which is good because the LCD models have a problem with fast action.The higher the Hz the better the fast action viewing is.Good Luck!.:)

On the 722 make sure you turn it off at nights,if the guide gets too slow try a soft reboot,if that doesn't help a hard reboot.:)

Thanks

I've had a 73" Mits DLP for over 2 years that is 3D capable and love it. Tiger Direct has 'em on sale this week--a 73" is $1299, a 60" is $749, can't remember what the 65" is. As long as you don't have to have a TV mounted on your wall IMHO I don't think you can beat them for value. Bright, sharp picture with outstanding color! I'm also enjoying 3D on it but sure wish Dish would get some 3D programming before I have to go to Direct!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)