722 rebooting

tolate

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2011
South Central Virginia
I have a 722 that started rebooting yesterday about every 30 or 45 minutes. It is now constantly rebooting and never makes it to programing. I looked in left side for card and there is no card in slot. It was working this morning but rebooting so I'm assuming it takes no card. Need some help thanks.

Card built in to some models with a slot for newer cards. If it just needed a card it would tell you so.

Time for THE DECISION. Replace for like kind or move to Hopper?

PM Dirt about getting a replacement receiver or upgrade to Hopper. It's toast.

I have a 722 that started rebooting yesterday about every 30 or 45 minutes. It is now constantly rebooting and never makes it to programing. I looked in left side for card and there is no card in slot. It was working this morning but rebooting so I'm assuming it takes no card. Need some help thanks.

Can you please PM me your account or phone number and the four digit security code on the account? Please send the Receiver and smart card number associated with the receiver and I will go through some troubleshooting steps with you. The receiver does most likely have a built in smart card.

I had the same issue. After they sent about 3 replacements I finally convinced them that MAYBE it was something different. L... O... N... G... story short, the power supply (transformer) had gone bad on the DPP-44 switch.

..So, if the replacement does the same thing, start checking everything between the SAT IN jacks on the back of the receiver to the LNBs outside on the dish.

There are several other threads re: 722 rebooting at crazy/stupid intervals so search for those and you can find more ideas/advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)