722 recording LED

braunsearch

Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
One of the two red recording LEDs on my VIP 722 has stopped functioning. (recording on the two channels is OK.) Have tried full reboot with no success. Any suggestions without replacing the unit? I have alot of recordings I would like to save.

I would be cautious about what may be going wrong with the DVR other then the LED light. My 722 died 4 days ago with no warning what-so-ever. Why not get a hard drive, back it all up, and get a new DVR to be safe?

I take it that you are referring to the 2nd red recording light that functions ONLY IN DUAL MODE. In SINGLE MODE, only ONE red record lamp activates even if 2 or more recordings are occurring at the same time.

So, if this is a Dual Mode problem: it is really up to each sub. Yes, some people could not care less, but I understand completely that others do rely on them, and the fact that they should be working.

IN DUAL MODE, If there is recording occurring on TV1 and TV2 at the same time, but only ONE red recording lamp lights, than you can get that RMA'd, if you wish. That is not a properly functioning box, and you obviously depend upon it, and it shouldn't be up to you to have to use a work around. However, you will lose your recordings unless you transfer them to an external HDD. If you have that feature, great. If not, you'll need to pay a one-time fee of $30 (or around the price) and use an appropriate external HDD that is USB 2.0 and has its own external power supply.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)