722 Recording Wrong Channel

slocoma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
I've had two issues with my 722 in the past week.

On Saturday I set my DVR to record the Flyers/Penguins game. This game was broadcast in HD and SD. I set it to record the HD broadcast. I'm not sure if I set it to record on Fox Sports PGH or an alternative sports channel (since the Pens are local to my area). I went to watch the broadcast about 30 minutes after it started. When I started the recording, it was stuck on the Dish logo screen (the one that is on when there is no event on). So I switched to the live SD broadcast. The game was on. I switched to the live HD broadcast on the same channel I was recording. The game was on. I tried viewing the recorded event. Same thing, just the Dish screen. I fast forwarded all the way to the end, still the Dish screen. When I got to the end of the recording, the remaining time shown at the bottom started to do weird things. I can't remember if it started increasing or decreasing rapidly, but it was incorrect.

Now last night, my wife goes to record something on EWAM. But when I went to watch the recording, it recorded something on WGN. The DVR info said the right date and time for EWAM, but if you watched the recording and hit info, it had the info for WGN. After trying to stop the recording, my 722 basically froze up and I had to reboot it. Then I had to wait for all the program info to download again... and that seemed to take longer than usual.

Is my box about to die? Is anyone else have a similar problem? I've never had a problem with this 722 box except for that "bad software" that caused recordings to turn black and white and freeze a while back. I don't know what version of software it's currently running.

One more thing I forgot to add. With both of these events, I started to watch them from the beginning before they were totally done recording. But I've done this many times in the past without problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)