722 remote controls tv and I didnt program it to???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
My TV1 remote for my 722 will control my tv and I don't know how it got programmed to do so. I accidentally hit the TV power button the other day and it turned my tv off. I was surprised to say the least and at first wasn't sure what had happened when my TV turned itself off. The only thing I have programmed into the dish remote is the volume for my AV receiver, since I always use that for the audio. Kind of confusing.

Did an installer bring it? If so, he did it. They always do, using the scan method.

Yes, the 722 was installed by a tech. That was 1.5 years ago, weird that I am just noticing now. Just kind of freaked me out when the TV all of a sudden went off and I hadn't touched the TV remote, thought there was a problem with the TV.

Yep, the Dish techs always do it. Sucks that you just realized it! The Dish remotes are actually very very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)