722 remote not working well, will DISH replace?

wormil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
North Carolina
My remotes for my 722 have become annoying to use, I have to press the buttons several times for them work. Batteries have been replaced with fresh ones and it made no difference. The receiver/remotes are from 2008. #1 gets used a lot, #2 much less but has the same problem. Is it likely the remotes are just worn out? Is this something DISH will replace?

I don't have this problem w/my 722, though I have both remotes on UHF. For the IR remote, is it possible there is some source of interference nearby, such as a TV? For the UHF remote, check the status of the stubby antenna on the back.

They get dirty overtime, almost like a gooey substance underneath the button where it contacts the board. I have successfully taken apart DISH remotes, used a qtip with a little "Dish" detergent (get it.... "Dish.....") and rubbing where the buttons touch. Then go back with a clean qtip with clean water on it and rubbed it again. You can let it air dry or use a hair dryer on low.

But they are very cheap on Ebay. You could also get the 21.0 model very inexpensive.

Turned out they were just dirty. I hosed them down with Windex and scrubbed with an old toothbrush, now they work very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)