722 remote programming

riderj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 21, 2007
Branson
I want to have three or four remotes to control a 722.

I have two 6.3s, and two 21.0s.

I really want two 6.3s in IR mode, and at least one 21.0 in UHF mode.

A technician programmed one 6.3 (in IR mode) and two 21.0s (in UHF mode), and all was good. Everything worked.

I purchased a second 6.3, tried to integrate it into the mix, and now am stuck. I don’t understand how to get both types of remotes to address the receiver. I get either one or the other.

Any advice?

Go to sys info, Menu...Menu. Write down the remote code shown, then follow the instructions in your User manual on remote programming. I don't remember all the steps. You will have to manually set the IR/RF switch in the battery compartment.

Last edited:
Find out what the Primary Remote Address number is.
Press and hold the Sat button until all the device buttons light up red, then let go.
Press the number you read as the Primary Remote Address.
Press the # button.

Make sure you have the same number programmed into each remote you want running TV1

Thank you both for the comments.

I need to clarify one thing – I use the receiver in single mode so there is no TV2. I want all three or 4 remotes to control the receiver in single mode.

I can successfully program the 6.3 remotes to the primary address, but can’t then get the 21.0 remote to address itself to the secondary address. Remember that a technician had the 6.3 addressed to the primary address 1 in IR, and the two 21.0 remotes both addressed to the secondary address 4 in UHF.

Thanks again

I would try changing the secondary remote address number. Also, do you have an A/B switch under the battery door? I would try pressing SAT till all lights blink, release, press 5, # , Record (2x) and see if the 4 changes. I would try that with both remotes. If that doesn't work, look for the A/B switch and try programming it to a different number. Have you tried programming both of the 21.0 remotes?

lucky86, I will try your ideas and get back to you. I am travelling at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)