EHD????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
It was suggested that there was going to be a fix for all the EHD problems last Wednesday.

Has anyone seen the fix?

Is there a new "release Date" on the horizon.

I still need to transfer 600 GB from each of my old Hopper 2000 so I can send them back and start enjoying my new Hoppers with Sling.

Might see if DIRT can arrange an extension.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have already arranged for all 4 to be active, but I only have a Duo node hooked up, so I can't run all 4 at once. I don't even have 4 TVs to watch on.

I will negotiate the extension after I get the programs transferred so I know what I am working with.
At this point I don't know if I need 2 weeks or 6 months.

My HWS is transfering back and fourth to an EHD without any problems except the preview icons are wrong. I hope what ever fix is coming doesnt un-fix mine.

One of my Hoppers (H2K) reset itself around 6AM today for no reason. Just for kicks I later tried to transfer one show from my EHD back to the Hopper and it worked! Feeling lucky I then set 2 shows to transfer back. The first one moved back fine but the second show hung up with 4 seconds left.:( I was hoping that the reset was from a patch for the fix but if it was it didn't totally fix the problem.

Well today my Hopper 2000 is transferring programs to EHD as long as I don't select too many at one time. I still wish I knew how many is too many. I hope to have the first Hopper done today.
i am confused because it does not seem to be changing the space remaining on Hopper from 614 GB, even though I transferred a couple dozen movies and could even view 1 from EHD.

Charise
I am transfer recorded programming so I can return my Hopper 2000s and start using my new Hoppers with Sling.
I need to return the old Hoppers and until today I could not complete a transfer after the 418 Update.

EHD problems also

I transferred all my Recordings from My old Hopper with out Sling..I now have the Hopper with Sling..and only some of the programs twill transfer back. It will stop at 1sec left sometimes it stops at 5sec left. I just want to get rid of the hard drive on my stand..one less thing sucking up power..any suggestions? I'v done reboots of both..and changes USB cables.

Well today my Hopper 2000 is transferring programs to EHD as long as I don't select too many at one time. I still wish I knew how many is too many. I hope to have the first Hopper done today.
i am confused because it does not seem to be changing the space remaining on Hopper from 614 GB, even though I transferred a couple dozen movies and could even view 1 from EHD.
My experience is that sometimes 1 show can't be transferred and other times I can send a dozen shows. I have episodes of one show none of which will transfer. I was in the middle of transferring to reorganize the disks making room for new episodes of current shows. The first batch before the "updates" went fine but not the later ones. (To cite a case, it was Elementary weekly over many months. BTW I had almost decide to give up on it after 2 episodes but recorded more in case I had the time.) I can sometimes get them thru one at a time keeping open the transfer page. Way too many stop with 1 to 5 seconds left--even have at least one that has less than a second but just won't finish off.
-Ken

These are all Dish MPEG-4 Local-into-Local shows. I turned off the OTA module because I don't want all the extra listings with HD-only list.
All that I tried--not many--play fine and transfer up to the last seconds and then prevent any transfers, possibly including those in progress.
-Ken

In case any of the Dish Software guys are reading this...It seems to be ok with any on the Major Networks (ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX)...its when I try to Transfer other shows..Like Movies, or any of my Concerts won't Transfer. No matter if its a 1/2 hour show or a 2 hour show. It will stop at the last few seconds.

No...Just the Major networks i listed. It transferred the shows from there ok. I'll check tonight on the other networks..don't know if i had anything from them. I did have some Playboy shows saved..lol...some of them would transfer and some of them won't. I'll try and get a list wile i'm off for the Holidays of what did Transfer and what won't.

Well, progress.
i have transferred everything I want off one Hopper 2000.
now I have hooked up the second (old) Hopper 2000 so I can transfer 500 GB off of it, but first it will need to update to S419. Can a Dish tech really force a software update or will I need to wait for an overnight update?

it will certainly by nice to hook up my second new Hopper with Sling and start watching TV again, instead of wrestling with updates and stubborn transfers.

I finally became tired of the problems with my 922 so I ordered a Hopper and a Joey to replace it and the 722 my wife uses. There was a lot I found out after its installation including the fact that a second Hopper instead of the Joey would have had no installation charges and $5 more per month. So tomorrow morning the Joey will be removed and a second Hopper will be installed. No Joeys will be in the system. Meanwhile I had backed off the 922 onto the external drive I had used on a 622 then the 922. The Hopper reads it as External Device 1 with no size and 0 bytes available, meaning it doesn't read it at all. The installer called Dish and was told that a software update was forthcoming around the middle of January along with improvements to the Android Dish Anywhere App. (That's another story.) I figured that an additional 2TB of drive space and 3 more tuners is worth $5 per month. We'll see how that goes.

This morning (day after installation) the EHD is now visible. Will attempt copying from it when the installed (who is removing the Joey and installing another hopper in its place) has left.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)