722 replacement and Smart /Security Card

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ccuser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2008
My 722's hard drive failed. After trouble shoot they agree to replace it and I got it delivered.

Side note. Few weeks ago I recieved letter with Credit card size some security card to put in for 625. and it said 722 doesn't need it.

When I try to setup and activate replacement. I am told it needs security card. I told em previous one did not had one and letter confirmed it doesn't need one and neither replacement came with one! but they are telling me it needs to be exchanged for third one.

Quick note, before I called to activate replacement, It was getting promo ch 101 and some other ad chs. but later it got stuck on "sys info" screen". It leads me to believe dish is mixing it up.

Does dish technical dept knows what they are doing ? any recommendation?

I am already pissed on lossing 100+ recordings and 60+ timers with 4 months old dvr....

Hi ccuser,
Go to your receiver and press menu button twice and you'll then be on the system info screen,Under your Smart Card ID Number look to see if it says DNASP241,If it does then you have the new security card built in, If it doesn't say DNASP241 then just ask them to send you a new G3 card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)