722 requires reboot

mjstraw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
I have two 722s. One of them will frequently get into a state where many of the channels show a "use the up or down arrow to select a channel if problem continues hold power button for 10 sec" (sorry, I don't remember the exact text or error number)

The power button reboots the unit, and I have to wait for what seems like a long time (I know, a watched pot never boils) to go thru the 5 tests.

This never happens on the other 722, but then it's the least-used.

I'm tempted to call E* and ask for a new unit, but still have some stuff recorded I haven't watched and/or don't want to loose.

Mark

Message window is identified as 004

Happened several times over the weekend to both units. Didn't think to check and see if it was simultaneously.

We usually just reboot the 722, but I decided to roll thru the channels and see which ones were affected. Seemed to be only HD, both local and national (I'm western arc)
on 129. But other channels on 129 were fine. Didn't find any failures on 110/119 but didn't have time to check them all

Didn't have time to check in more detail before condition cleared by itself (no reboot). Would be interesting to know if any HDs on 129 _were_ working

At this point I'm thinking maybe bad switch/lnb out at the dish (1000.2)

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)