722 skip back problem.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
I'm not sure if this problem is from the last update or the one before L625, but sometimes if I skip back more than 2 or 3 times the live show will go all the way back to the start. Anybody else having this happen?

This has been with us for a long time. A quick way to find the problem is to pause a recording and mix skip backs and rewinds or the other way. It can make it hard to zero in on a special scene--your choice.
-Ken

I have it here:(

Another nastier one, pause during show while its recrding, for phone call... no biggie right?

On new survivor premier I found out recording STOPS AT PAUSE occasionally. The DVR menu shows 2 hours of recording:) but anything after the pause cant be viewed:(

I can reproduce this problem, seems more likely if you do lots of skip forward and back.....

I've also had that problem too, thought it was user error. On the positive side I think they fix the bug in single mode where you lose the pic on tuner 1 if you had the OTA tuned to a weak channel, now you just get a brief signal lost box with the yellow "OK" button. I'm not a 100% sure on that one, but I haven't had it happen the other way in a long time.

When doing a lot of successive skip backs (maybe after doing some jump forwards) I see my 722 jump WAY back in the program (like minutes instead of seconds). I'd say it only started doing this a few month ago. So far, it only does it once in awhile.

When doing a lot of successive skip backs (maybe after doing some jump forwards) I see my 722 jump WAY back in the program (like minutes instead of seconds). I'd say it only started doing this a few month ago. So far, it only does it once in awhile.

I have seen the same thing on my 722 - I have not had it go back to the start yet, but I do not use skip forward and skip back very often.

I have had the same problem with my 722 for quite some time. A few presses of the back causes it to go back sometimes 20 min into the show.

Same for pause and frame back, jumps way back.

I have had the same problem with my 722 for quite some time. A few presses of the back causes it to go back sometimes 20 min into the show.
On SD and HD programs, or SD only?

Same for pause and frame back, jumps way back.
This doesn't seem to depend on program resolution, either. I've learned that the best way to see a specific frame is to pause it, go forward one step, and then back. I don't know why this works, but it's a lot more controllable than pausing and trying to directly skip back.

I also find that this stuff is much worse when the disk is nearly full. If I have less than 10 hours free on the disk, my DVR is sluggish, but less than 8 hours, and it gets downright schizophrenic.

Actually it is probably a bug from TiVo lawsuit avoidance code where they statisically try to estimate the location of skip forward/baxk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)