722 sluggishness, will it ever end?

No problems on my 722. I switched to dish from cablevision a few years back though, and if you want to see a sluggish receiver, cablevision takes the cake. That was actually one of the main reasons I switched. Surfing around with their equipment was unbearable.

Yeah, even with the bouts of sluggishness my 722K has at times, I would never go back to Insight's DVR. That thing just didn't respond period. My 722K is light years ahead of that Motorola DVR.

Ghpr13:)

Mine is not connected to either.

However, this is an interesting development. Last night, for no good reason I can think of, the guide became lightning fast again. No reboot, no nothing. All last night, it was fast just like I remember. Today, right now, still good. Firmware is still at L690, no change.

Anyone else's guide working right, again?

Mine is not connected to either.

However, this is an interesting development. Last night, for no good reason I can think of, the guide became lightning fast again. No reboot, no nothing. All last night, it was fast just like I remember. Today, right now, still good. Firmware is still at L690, no change.

Anyone else's guide working right, again?
Mine comes and goes.. no warning.. and I don't do power pull reboots ... usually when I notice this problem I'm too involved in what ever is on to want to wait 10 minutes for the thing to be back up and happy to serve..

I always thought that maybe it was doing things in the background. downloading updates, testing something, sending data off to papa dish.. etc... and because no one at dish knows anything.. there's never an explanation.. just the "reset it" mantra which gets old real fast.

I'm the kind of person.. that if at least I knew what was causing it ... I would be more forgiving of it .. still hoping for them to create "work arounds" or options (ie. if its getting updates, then give me more detailed configuration control over what it does and when) to make it work better.. but at least somewhat more tolerant knowing the cause..

Since I put up the "my guide is working again" post, it has continued to work. My dad's unit has also started working.

Maybe this is finally fixed.

Since I put up the "my guide is working again" post, it has continued to work. My dad's unit has also started working.

Maybe this is finally fixed.

Mine seems to be working really good again today too. What # is the latest FW for the 722k?

I just experienced the sluggishness today for the first time. Almost a 10 second delay between hitting the guide button and a response from the receiver. Almost makes it unusable.

Mine was working well when I got it new on October. A couple weeks after, I noticed the sluggishness even on the receiver control panel. I had to point the UHF remote less then a foot from the IR receptor. For some reason when my DSL wireless router was on it was worse. I tried changing the switch from UHF to IR on the remote and it worked the same. I even tried changing the address of the remote.

I changed my UHF remote to the IR remote and it is working better now.
Every so often it gets a litle bit sluggish but not as bad as with the UHF remote.

Just in case...
When I was using the UHF remote I had the antenna connected correctly. The hard drive is about half-way full, maybe less (About 30 hours HD left and about 200 Hours SD free). It is connected to the Internet and has phone connection. I had reset and disconnected from the wall a bunch of times.

When I was using the UHF remote I had the antenna connected correctly. The hard drive is about half-way full, maybe less (About 30 hours HD left and about 200 Hours SD free). It is connected to the Internet and has phone connection. I had reset and disconnected from the wall a bunch of times.
Please understand that is not 30 HD + 200 SD. It is 30 HD or 200 SD. The HD measure was for MPEG-2. With all HD in MPEG-4 you get about twice that. (I suppose with Eastern Arc in MPEG-4 SD you might get twice the hours there, too.) The true measure is in MB, which you can see with an EHD attached. (Wish you could see this without the EHD on.) OTA is MPEG-2 but may give even less hours.
-Ken

I'm on L690 with my 722k and there is about a 2.5-3 second delay between the press of a remote button and the response of the remote, just a little bit annoying, but nowhere near the 10 second delays some have reported.

I'm on L750 ... and on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th .. the remote was the slowest I'd *EVER* had it be ... then for no reason it suddenly sped back up again.

Though I have had more cases of it not responding at all on some buttons ... like I'll be at the end of a show ... arrow up to delete, and then arrow left to YES and hit the center.. only to find it hasn't activated. press it a second time.. STILL didn't activate ... 3rd time was the charm ... and its not batteries..

Another time I was trying to access the timers schedule (3 button presses of the DVR) and it didn't seem like it took past the first button press .. it took cancel readily enough and tried a second time to go in.. same thing.. then on the third try it went normally.

so if anything.. I'd say the remote response has gotten worse. Mind you all.. its not batteries ... and there were *no* obstructions as I generally hold the remote under the table, in a straight line with the 722k .... there's absolutely nothing in the path... next time I hold the remote down there goes through just fine. and there's no glass door in front of this unit... its in one of those tiered stands open on three sides (just a bar on either side at the front but no where near the 722k's IR window, there's a good 4 to 5 inches on either side)

I'm on L750 ... and on the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th .. the remote was the slowest I'd *EVER* had it be ... then for no reason it suddenly sped back up again.

Though I have had more cases of it not responding at all on some buttons ... like I'll be at the end of a show ... arrow up to delete, and then arrow left to YES and hit the center.. only to find it hasn't activated. press it a second time.. STILL didn't activate ... 3rd time was the charm ... and its not batteries..

Another time I was trying to access the timers schedule (3 button presses of the DVR) and it didn't seem like it took past the first button press .. it took cancel readily enough and tried a second time to go in.. same thing.. then on the third try it went normally.

so if anything.. I'd say the remote response has gotten worse. Mind you all.. its not batteries ... and there were *no* obstructions as I generally hold the remote under the table, in a straight line with the 722k .... there's absolutely nothing in the path... next time I hold the remote down there goes through just fine. and there's no glass door in front of this unit... its in one of those tiered stands open on three sides (just a bar on either side at the front but no where near the 722k's IR window, there's a good 4 to 5 inches on either side)

I tend to agree with you about the response to the remote being worst. I have had a number of times that the 722k doesn't respond at all to the remote, and this is a brand new remote Dish sent me last month. (Also with new batteries.) So now, along with some days of very slow response, I have moments of no response at all. It's becoming quite annoying. I don't understand why we owners of the 722k are having these problems.

I have the intermittent remote sluggishness blues as well, also have a post up for intermittent random complete loss, loss, out of viewing area and local channels are down etc...usually the times when the remote seems to be the worst for response is when i'm having the most trouble tuning in a channel, when all channels are working fine and no issues, the remote seems to fall in line with this...usually using TV1 on my 722k, recently switch to single mode just to see if that would help the signal issues, but it hasn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)