722 sluggishness, will it ever end?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have noticed no delay in operation of my 722k.

Dual mode, TV2 remote RF, TV1 is IR connected to a RPCRT HDTV.

If you are having problems, is your TV perchance an LCD with fluorescent backlight?

In another thread I posted that my 722 has been running rock solid the last week or so, no delays. At lunch time today, I went in to check my DVR schedule. I hit the DVR button, and 2 seconds later I got the My Media screen...another DVR button press and 3 seconds after that I finally get to My Recordings. So a slight delay, slower than the past week or so, but not as bad as I have experienced before.

I have noticed no delay in operation of my 722k. If you are having problems, is your TV perchance an LCD with fluorescent backlight?

The problems with LCD TVs will cause the remote to not work at all, not cause a 2-5 second delay in the reciever responding, and I have seen it many, many, times with all kinds of TVs. (My own TV is a DLP projection)

Mine was slow for about week then went back to normal. Now nightly download taking 30 mintues.
Did you leave an EHD powered on and connected? Depending on the size and load of the EHD the "testing" of it before reboot can delay the reboot up to an hour for say a full 2TB EHD. If you cannot unplug/unpower it then allow an hour before the next recording.

The real question is what does it test?
-Ken

My 722k has this response problem also. And as others have stated, sometimes it works fine, other times it as slow as molasses.
The wife really gets frustrated when it doesn't response fast enough...come to think of it, she gets frustrated with me too when I don't respond fast enough!
Ghpr13:)

Sure would be nice of them to replace it with a 612 or something that is not making me regret paying for the upgrade to get it. I am at my wits end, and considering just dropping it all together.

You know I understand that the 722k is a complicated piece of electronic equipment one could compare to a PC, and therefore needs to be rebooted every so often, but one would think that when 3:00am comes around and Dish sends out whatever info they're sending, that the 722k would do a reboot then and "clear" out everything, letting it start fresh again. I shut down my computer every night just to let everything "freshen" up. The first thing the CRS tells you is always "Did you try to reset you receiver?"

Ghpr13:)

The same here 722, used to work fine now intermittently slow as molasses, most noticeable on TV2.

"Will it ever end?" YES when Dish hires more competent Engineers or several hundreds of thousand more subscribers quit, whichever comes first!

Don't leave out the ViP622 when fixing these issues. Same box (almost), different color. Same slowness.

Lag and reboot problems

I really noticed lag was several seconds last night with an RF remote , then again today with another remote. Decided to pull the plug today to do a hard reboot. After about 3 minutes, there was no sign of activity from the 722, so I did it again. This time it showed initial activity, then got stuck for 15 minutes with no progress made, so I had to it again! During the 3rd attempt I called Dish support to complain. It did succeed the 3rd time, but took over 20 minutes to boot and download the program guide. At least for now, it is responding better to the living room remote.

Note: I have discovered from past experience that calling support is usually effective at getting the 722 to work--not because they tell me to do anything that I haven't done already, but because the 722 somehow knows I am calling tech support and wants to make me look bad.

The sluggishness (at least in my case) is totally unpredictable. I think it has to do with whatever the receiver is doing in the background at the time and how it is doing it. The remote control should have 100% priority over anything else the receiver does, unfortunately under certain conditions it does NOT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts