722 stuck in "acquiring signal" loop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
My 722 just started going into a loop. It gets to the "Acquiring Signal" screen. The first 3 bars (out of 5) will turn green, then it just sits there for a minute or so. After that it reboots and goes back to the same screen again. This continues, ad nauseum.

I've also got a 211 in another room hooked up to the same dish. It's working fine with good signal strengths. So I don't think it's a dish alignment issue.

Trying to do a system info, and it reboots before finishing (gets to about 75%). Under "h" it shows Device: DPP44, Feed(3), Feed(4). "g" shows Satellites 61.5 and 72, big red X under signal for 61.5. Signal for 72 stays blank. Yes, I have a D500 antenna pointed at 61.5/72.7 - it's been working fine for a year.

Disconnected the Sling Adapter thinking that might be causing it. Problem persists.

Tried unplugging the power cord for several minutes then repowering receiver. Didn't help.

Ran a check switch. Only gets to #2 out of 4 tests before rebooting.

Point Dish screen acts weird. "Input 1" will show signal for a certain sat/trans but Input 2 won't. And vice-versa.

Any ideas? Maybe the fan is shot so receiver is overheating? Seems to reboot every couple of minutes regardless what screen it's on. I think I remember hearing a fan in the past when it first boots up. It's pretty silent now. I could be mistaken about before though. It's run so flawlessly that I've only had to reset it a couple of times.

Other possibilities? Bad separator maybe?

Last edited:
Just to follow up, I went away for several days and when I returned home it had fixed itself. Weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)