722 stuck in "acquiring signal" loop

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
My 722 just started going into a loop. It gets to the "Acquiring Signal" screen. The first 3 bars (out of 5) will turn green, then it just sits there for a minute or so. After that it reboots and goes back to the same screen again. This continues, ad nauseum.

I've also got a 211 in another room hooked up to the same dish. It's working fine with good signal strengths. So I don't think it's a dish alignment issue.

Trying to do a system info, and it reboots before finishing (gets to about 75%). Under "h" it shows Device: DPP44, Feed(3), Feed(4). "g" shows Satellites 61.5 and 72, big red X under signal for 61.5. Signal for 72 stays blank. Yes, I have a D500 antenna pointed at 61.5/72.7 - it's been working fine for a year.

Disconnected the Sling Adapter thinking that might be causing it. Problem persists.

Tried unplugging the power cord for several minutes then repowering receiver. Didn't help.

Ran a check switch. Only gets to #2 out of 4 tests before rebooting.

Point Dish screen acts weird. "Input 1" will show signal for a certain sat/trans but Input 2 won't. And vice-versa.

Any ideas? Maybe the fan is shot so receiver is overheating? Seems to reboot every couple of minutes regardless what screen it's on. I think I remember hearing a fan in the past when it first boots up. It's pretty silent now. I could be mistaken about before though. It's run so flawlessly that I've only had to reset it a couple of times.

Other possibilities? Bad separator maybe?

Last edited:
Just to follow up, I went away for several days and when I returned home it had fixed itself. Weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)