EA 1000.2 install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bg44

Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Central NY
Using a 311K receiver, I was able to get a few SD channels on my EA 1000.2 dish, average signal 58 on all transponders available. I would like to know if you think I will be able to get a signal from 72.7 so I may receive the HD programming. Thank you.

Thanks yes I understand I need a different receiver - DISH would not install the HD dish as they did not want to dig the line so I bought the EA 1000.2, installed it myself to see if it would work well enough to get a decent signal. Using the receiver I have, I was able to get the 61.5 SD channels. Since I have no HD receiver, I could not see the 72.7 satellite. I would like to know if you think I should be able to see it with an HD receiver. DISH installers have not wanted to help me so far. Thank you. Belinda

Thank you. I have no tree interference and was hoping with the pole set, wire run, wire inside run for a dual tuner they might be able to just come out and put up a dish and set up a receiver - just a bit unsure about getting the 72 signal, but hoping for the best outcome.

If you're getting 61.5 now if you stand behind the dish 61.5 sat is to the left 72 is to the right so if it looks open in that direction you should be all set

As long as you have no obstructions you should be fine. I get 61.5/72.7 just fine with with an old Dish 500 dish. And when RV'ing I just point at 72.7 with the roof mounted crankup dish. With the high elevation in the Northeast, it's generally a fairly easy satellite to point to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)