722 stuck trying to find satellite.

Russell Jorgensen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Wisconsin
My 722 which I have had for only 2 months (a replacement for a bad 622) is stuck trying to find the satellites. It worked fine the day before. Was turned off at the end of the day (like Dish suggested). The next morning when I tried to watch TV all I could get was the screen "acquiring satellites please wait". It starts with the 110 satellite and gets as far as step 3 of 5 and then just sits there for a long time. It then gives up on the 110 satellite and tries to get the 61.5 satellite. The same thing happens. It gets to step 3 of 5 and just sits there. Then goes back to trying to get the 110 satellite. It will do this cycle over and over again without ever locking on to a satellite. Check Switch says the switch is OK. My 211 receiver works just fine and my standard DVR works just fine so I am assuming that the dish hasn't moved out of alignment. Dish Tech. support had me check everything with them while I was on the phone with them and we could not get it to work. They have scheduled a service call to find out what is wrong. Besides the chance that it is another bad receiver. Is there anything else that could cause this problem? If this receiver is bad it will be the third one in less than 3 years (not very good quality products from Dish if this is the case).

Same thing my 722 start doing(again) on Thursday. Our 722 is 7 months old now,I'm wondering if it's pooched.

Can't get the guide to update past Sunday,the timers are pooched due to the guide,argh:(

I powered ours down for 45 minutes as suggested Friday night but it's doing the lost sat thing again this morning.

Here's my thread on the same topic;
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ons/140917-sudden-satellite-loss-722-now.html

Our 522 never had a hiccup the whole 3-4 years we had it,now I miss it.

Have you or a tech replaced the cable or DP separator when replacing any of the receivers? If you're on a 3rd receiver sounds to me that something is not right with the cabling or separators. Specially since the 211 seems to have no problems.

DallasBill Thanks for the link to your post. It solved my problem. I reset the unit to "Factory Defaults", did a soft reboot and everything is back to normal.

HD stuck acquiring

With any dish HD model if you scan your locals in to the guide, but don’t subscribe to local DMA package the receiver will try to acquire signal off of the antenna. Unplug your off air antenna from the receiver, and plug it in your tv’s antenna port. Delete the off air locals from the receiver and scan them on your tv.

I do subscribe to locals. And like I said, it is only my 722 that had this problem. My 211 (which is HD) and my standard DVR all worked fine. Also my TV doesn't have a Digital tuner so connecting the antenna there is not an option. Besides doing that would not let me DVR shows that I get OTA. If this is a problem with Dish receivers then it is something that they need to fix. Dish does supply HD locals to my area but only 3 out of the 7 channels that we have. We get NBC, ABC and Fox. No CBS, PBS (which has a full time 24 hour a day HD schedule), CW and none of the independent stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts