722 temperature

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
The average temperature of my 722 is 116. Is that near what others units show? This unit is in a stand with the back open. I have another in the bedroom that is completely open and it shows 107. Just wondering if the 116 reading will cause any problems.

Hi bnewt, I have a new 722, 1- 1/2 weeks, and went to Menu, 6, 1, 3, but saw nothing about counters. How did you get your temperature readings? Thank you, Skip

Can not counters function to the point where I can scroll the counters, curser will not move over to the column to scroll the counters

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I can't get out of the right hand column and so the PgUp/PgDn just moves from counters to analysis to done to help etc.

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I can't get out of the right hand column and so the PgUp/PgDn just moves from counters to analysis to done to help etc.

"page up/down" is different than the "up/down" keys. on the dish remote, I believe they're in the upper right area below the "sat, tv, etc" keys...

you can't use "left/right" to get in the column of counters...

Thanks again Smith,P. I'm a little slow quite often, kept looking for the Pg keys label and did not see them where they are.

"page up/down" is different than the "up/down" keys. on the dish remote, I believe they're in the upper right area below the "sat, tv, etc" keys...

you can't use "left/right" to get in the column of counters...
So that's what those buttons are for! :D

...Good call on that one.

Your temp is fine. My average is 122 because I live in Arizona and it gets pretty hot in the summer. Fan is pretty loud but can't do anything about that.

The average temperature of my 722 is 116. Is that near what others units show? This unit is in a stand with the back open. I have another in the bedroom that is completely open and it shows 107. Just wondering if the 116 reading will cause any problems.

Heat is never any good for electronics in general. I have my 722 in a TV stand with no back opening. My answer was to buy a 4" box fan. I cut a hole in the back of the stand to fit the fan's frame holes. Then I mounted the fan with it sucking the air out of the stand into the room. It made a big difference in how hot the 722 got. I've done this before and always had good results.

On my 722 on the right side there are air vents and they will get covered with dust. I usually clean the dust off of the vents on a weekly basis.
hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts