722 to EHD

anchovie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2009
socal
Hello teachers,

This is a second grade question: Have a 722 and MyBook Essential transferring recordings right now. Have already found out but would like your confirmation. If I commence the archive process and then turn off the receiver and TV, the transfer process stops, correct? I learned the hard way that the receiver and TV need to be on for the process to occur.
If it doesn't need to be on, what would I do to keep the transfer process in action?

Thanks for being patient.

I've turned off my receiver and TV during a transfer many times; it always continues. Not sure what's going on with yours.

Brad

I know in the past (year ago) I had always turned the TV and box off without any issue. But recently in the last few months I have tried a couple times and have the same experience, transfer stops. So I've been leaving things on now when doing transfers.

EHD

Thanks for the replies. Just for confirmation, called DISH, and asked same question. Their reply was OK to turn off TV, but leave receiver on. Hmmm.

The receiver is NEVER off, just in standby...where such functions are a go. OFF is when you unplug it. Whether or not your TV is on is irrelevant. Common sense!!!

The receiver is NEVER off, just in standby...where such functions are a go. OFF is when you unplug it. Whether or not your TV is on is irrelevant. Common sense!!!

When I turned off the receiver, the transfer did not take place. If left on, meaning the lights are on, then transfer takes place. TV can be on or off, but my receiver if off (no power lights), does not transfer.

At one time, in-process transfers would indeed continue after powering the unit off, I used to do it all the time, queue up a bunch of archives then turn it off and go to bed.

A couple times waking up finding nothing had been moved broke me of that habit. I think L622 is when it stopped working.

At one time, in-process transfers would indeed continue after powering the unit off, I used to do it all the time, queue up a bunch of archives then turn it off and go to bed.

A couple times waking up finding nothing had been moved broke me of that habit. I think L622 is when it stopped working.

Thanks for your input and heads up. It took me about 75 minutes of no transferring to find out, and now, will not shut down the receiver, just TV. Like the idea of recording overnight though, so thanks for that.

What is KAB referring to about the receiver in standby mode not off?

KAB is referring to the fact that unless you pull the plug, it is still "running" so it can launch any upcoming timers, receive software and authorization updates from satellite, and other background tasks (which used to include completing EHD transfers).

KAB is referring to the fact that unless you pull the plug, it is still "running" so it can launch any upcoming timers, receive software and authorization updates from satellite, and other background tasks (which used to include completing EHD transfers).

That makes sense and as he says, common sense. "Running" has to activate those features you show. But, wonder why it won't transfer? That seems lower on the native intel list.

What is KAB referring to about the receiver in standby mode not off?

Exactly that. If TV is on, you will see Dish screen saying press enter to return to TV or to that effect. It will also be capable of receiving nightly updates. Thus, never powered off.

Are you sure you are not turning off the power? The Dish receiver must be plugged into an unswitched wall socket or possibly an always-on UPS. As expressed above, after turning off the receiver (larger red button) the TV should be showing the message "Press SELECT to Watch TV". If not then you have disconnected the receiver from the AC power. It will stop recording (usually) when the daily reboot happens and not restart, default 3AM but changeable in menu-8-4. The two red LEDs indicates that tuner 1 and/or 2 are recording.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)