722, TV2 messing with TV1's format.

CTHL

Original poster
May 2, 2010
Missouri
Just "upgraded" to 722 today.... read a couple other people with same problem in the bug sticky, but no answers given to them.

Basically, any change of channel or format on TV2 is resetting TV1's format. Further pressing of format on TV2 will change TV1's format between Normal (which is wrong, squished with vertical bars) and Zoom (way wrong, hah).

Thats it, but its the most irritating thing ever.... and I don't know what more to say :eek:

Using two 722 setups, same problem with both.

Please helpz :p Have tried all I can think of. SO FRUSTRATING... and it hasn't even been a full day yet, hah.

Happens to me as well on both of my 722k's. This has been a problem for months, though to me it's a pretty minor annoyance I just fix it by changing the format if I notice it.

I'm sure it's not but, is your receiver in single mode instead of dual mode. Because that could be the problem sometimes but I have also seen the glitch.

Definitely in Dual Mode, and have tried changing both remote addresses, but problem persists. : /

Its extremely annoying to me cuz I have kids on the tv2, and they're changin the channel every 4 seconds :(. Doesn't help that I'm a bit OCD over this kind of thing...

>>>edit: forgot to add that these are 4:3 tv's, thats why the vertical black bars are "wrong" and annoying.

Last edited:
>>>edit: forgot to add that these are 4:3 tv's, thats why the vertical black bars are "wrong" and annoying.

Make sure in your settings for the tv resolution, (menu, 6, 8) that the "Aspect Ratio" is set to 4:3 #2, there is also 4:3 #1, but i seem to have better luck getting rid of the side bars on 4:3 tv's with #2.

The format on my TV1 has been changing by itself to stretched as well (722). No one has messed with the TV or receiver settings on either tuner. This has occured after the sw update to 671 which also caused a couple of reboots of the receiver.

Ed

Certainly have messed with the menu aspect ratios, didn't seem to make a difference which I chose.

I know one fix of this is to have the tv1 be an 16x9 tv of some sort (doesn't make much sense to me but works), but still looking for a real solution to "this" problem. Probably isn't one, which seems like a pretty dumb oversight by the makers. : /

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)