722 TV2 & older TV poor signal

ROPOT

Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
kansas
Hello. I am new to these forums, but am an experienced satellite user, back to 1994 with the original Direct TV and USSB receiver. Been with Direct TV twice and Dish twice. Just had Dish installed at home(took DirectTV out over the Versus fiasco). I have one, never before encountered glitch. I have a 722 DUO receiver, and TV1 is fine on a digital TV with an HDMI cable. TV2 is another story. The cable goes out and into another room to a 13 year old RCA projection TV(56") that has worked fine with every component that I have ever connected. Works fine now with DVD input. However, here is the problem. If this TV and the receiver are turned off for several hours, and then turned on (as in overnight) the TV will not get a decent signal for about half an hour. I've tried a direct RG6 cable through the house, same result. Nothing works, just snow, till finally the screen starts to flip and break up , the suddenly it is all normal; can stay on for hours. Installer said he had seen this before on these old TV. Well, I hope there is a work around. Any ideas? Thanks!

Since the DVR is never off unless you unplug it, it sounds like a TV problem.

You could use a VCR as a tuner and connect to one of the other inputs on your TV.

Thanks for the replies. As luck goes, I had time yesterday to check it out more. Found that if I wiggled the entire input assembly (3 jacks) the signal would come and go. So seems the good old set is showing its age. Then I got to thinking and I realized that the old DirecTV receiver was connected with RCA connectors to different inputs to the TV. That is why the problem seemed not to exist before. So I just wedged the coax connector (tuner half) to the side, and it works fine.
Thanks,
Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)