722 vip modulation set-up Q

jem199

Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
WNY
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I looked for this answer and could not find it. Please point me to the right thread if this has been covered.

I ran cable from our 722vip in the basement to our bedroom and turned on the dual tuner through the setup--install-modulation menu. I set the remotes for air, channel 22 and 33. From my bedroom, I can only access satellite from channel 73 and 84. Remote 1 will control 73 and is viewable on the bedroom tv, but that's the same view as the basement. Remote 2 will not control 84. Why am I seeing 73 and 84 and not the channels I set in the modulation menu?

I see there is a connection button, but it's greyed out and not available for me to select. I also see that sharing is enabled and that is also greyed out and not available for me to change. I was going to turn it off to see if that enabled the modulation.

Our manual is missing, so if there is a link out there for this manual (with chapter 12 included), I'd appreciate it. I found the manual for the 622 here:
VIP 622 HD Satellite Receiver User Guide - DISH Network

However, if you look at the TOC, the chapter I need is 12 and it's not listed. I reported this to Dish Network 2 weeks ago and it hasn't appeared on the website yet.

Any help, suggestions or information would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Janet

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I looked for this answer and could not find it. Please point me to the right thread if this has been covered.

I ran cable from our 722vip in the basement to our bedroom and turned on the dual tuner through the setup--install-modulation menu. I set the remotes for air, channel 22 and 33. From my bedroom, I can only access satellite from channel 73 and 84. Remote 1 will control 73 and is viewable on the bedroom tv, but that's the same view as the basement. Remote 2 will not control 84. Why am I seeing 73 and 84 and not the channels I set in the modulation menu?

I see there is a connection button, but it's greyed out and not available for me to select. I also see that sharing is enabled and that is also greyed out and not available for me to change. I was going to turn it off to see if that enabled the modulation.

Our manual is missing, so if there is a link out there for this manual (with chapter 12 included), I'd appreciate it. I found the manual for the 622 here:
VIP 622 HD Satellite Receiver User Guide - DISH Network

However, if you look at the TOC, the chapter I need is 12 and it's not listed. I reported this to Dish Network 2 weeks ago and it hasn't appeared on the website yet.

Any help, suggestions or information would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Janet

Do you have the extra tv's set for off the air channels or for cable channels? The dish receiver and the tv's have to match for the channels to show correctly.

I have a copy of Chapter 12 for a 722 (It's 10 megs). If you want PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

Chan

First you have the receiver set on Air, and your TV is in cable mode change the receiver to cable mode, and your TV will pick up the signal on the correct channels. To get the remote to control the TV2 side of the receiver (obviously you nee to have a UHF Pro remote, and the antenna on the bck of the receiver) take the TV1 remote and press menu twice (this will bring up the short Sys Info screen), then press the record button on the UHF remote to change the address in the receiver to match the remote.

Sounds like you also do not have the receiver set to dual mode.
That can only be done with the pushbutton on the front of the receiver.