722 VIP Problem

FranKy400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
I have timers set to record the Monday night CBS shows. When I go to watch them, it shows 0:00 for the time recorded on each of the shows. I press select to watch and it immediately goes to the screen like I have reached the end of a recording. This has happened 2 out of the last 3 weeks. Tonight I got home 15 minutes into 2 and 1/2 men and tried to pull up the recording to watch and it wouldn't start. I stopped timer and the screen said that I was trying to watch a subscription channel that I hadn't subscribed to. But it is the local CBS channel. With the timer stopped, I am now able to watch Mike & Molly live. I have over 40 weekly timers and this has never happened except on Monday nights on CBS shows. Is my receiver going bad or is it something else? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

I had something somewhat similar with my 722 VIP. It only happened when I was trying to record a channel on CI (NHL CenterIce package). It showed it recorded it but when I went to try and watch, either while it was still recording, or after recording, there was no way I could see anything. If I switched to 'live' and the game was still in progress I could see it. One time I received the message you did about subscription channel. After one call they had me do a cold reboot. The issue persisted, again only with CI, and they ended up sending a replacement receiver. No problems since.

This happened to me when our local CBS channel finally went HD on Dish a few weeks ago. My Monday night timers were still pointing to the OLD SD version of the channel, which looks to me like it is now completely gone. Therefore I missed the Monday shows.

Once I figured this out, I deleted my timers and added them again, this time they pointed to the CBS HD channel. Have worked fine ever since.
Even though I'm guessing you've had an HD version of CBS for ages, it may be worth a try to completely delete the timer (maybe make note of the priority of the timer before deleting it), then add it again for each show on Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts