722k: 2HD tv's on single mode?

tarq476

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
For use with a 722k, I know you normally can't have HD on the second TV. Would it be possible to accomplish this if you put the receiver in single mode and have both tvs always show the same tuner?

I'm assuming this is pie in the sky, but I know many here are experts. The inability to access my DVR from both tvs is the one thing that makes me look at Uverse, although I love the Dish DVR. Will the 922 have this capability?

Thanks for any advice.

yes

For use with a 722k, I know you normally can't have HD on the second TV. Would it be possible to accomplish this if you put the receiver in single mode and have both tvs always show the same tuner?

I'm assuming this is pie in the sky, but I know many here are experts. The inability to access my DVR from both tvs is the one thing that makes me look at Uverse, although I love the Dish DVR. Will the 922 have this capability?

Thanks for any advice.

Use 1 TV on component out w/optical or left & right audio and the 2nd can use the HDMI. It's up to you as to which TV you use on which type of cable. It takes 5 wires to run the component to another room and only the single HDMI wire.

Use 1 TV on component out w/optical or left & right audio and the 2nd can use the HDMI. It's up to you as to which TV you use on which type of cable. It takes 5 wires to run the component to another room and only the single HDMI wire.

Thanks, this was my first thought, but I just can't run the wire through the wall with the way these rooms are situated. That would be my first choice if I could manage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)