722k: audio dropout when recording

mountnbykr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Arizona
I upgraded to a 722k a few weeks ago and have been having issues with audio dropping out. This happens when I'm in the middle of recording a show (or two) and I begin playback of something else. Every 5-10 seconds the audio will cut out briefly. I've also noticed it while transferring a program from my external drive to the 722. Are these the same audio issues that others are experiencing on the 722k? Or do I have a bad receiver? Seems to work fine as long as it's not trying to record and playback at the same time.

It's being recorded properly, b/c I can go back later once all events have stopped recording and it will work.

I'm having the same issues. I have had my 722k for a little over a month (with the OTA module) and noticed this problem a couple of weeks ago. I have it hooked up to my Onkyo receiver via HDMI. I thought it was the Onkyo, but everything else that I have running through the Onkyo (via HDMI) has NO issues at all. I also see these issues only when recording (On the OTA or SAT). If I'm not recording, everything works fine. I have checked the TV2 coax output connection and it doesn't have any of these issues. It appears to be something with the HDMI out.

It turns out the issue also occurs when I'm not recording. I called up Tech Support and they're shipping me a replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)