722k availability

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

probinson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
NW Pennsylvania
Has anyone heard any more about the 722k? The last I read (from the retailer chat re-cap) was that it would be available in "a few weeks". I'm hoping that isn't like saying it will be available "soon"... :rolleyes:

Also, any idea on what upgrade pricing will be? I currently have a 622, but since I rely heavily on my OTA tuner for local HD, it would be nice to have the dual OTA tuner functionality, so I don't have to fight with my wife over whose show gets recorded in HD. :D

I am hearing from Beta Testers that the software is still very buggy. So it will still probably be a few more weeks before it is available.

Has anyone heard any more about the 722k? The last I read (from the retailer chat re-cap) was that it would be available in "a few weeks". I'm hoping that isn't like saying it will be available "soon"... :rolleyes:

Also, any idea on what upgrade pricing will be? I currently have a 622, but since I rely heavily on my OTA tuner for local HD, it would be nice to have the dual OTA tuner functionality, so I don't have to fight with my wife over whose show gets recorded in HD. :D

There's always the DVR Pal or build your own with Windows Media Center, Beyond TV, Sage TV, etc. They noted back in November that the 722k was coming soon along with the 211k. The 211k came but there's no 722k yet.

I think it also has the 2-way remote capability and custom folder names.

Anything else?

I remember from the chat - the custom folder names were going to be on pretty much every vip dvr - so I assume there must be something else to the software. Other wise why wouldn't they ship the 722K without custom folders, then add them later to all vip dvr's?

Scott's rabbit and carrot avator is a good metaphor for all the cool dish technology and their customers.

The 722k will not have a an OTA module installed at the factory. As with the 222k the module is an add on that is available at a price. However, it has been said that Dish will add the module to the work order and the customer will not be charged for the module.
I am hoping the CSR's know to ask the customer if they intend on using an OTA. This will go a long way to saving work time and customer headaches.

The 722k will not have a an OTA module installed at the factory. As with the 222k the module is an add on that is available at a price. However, it has been said that Dish will add the module to the work order and the customer will not be charged for the module.
I am hoping the CSR's know to ask the customer if they intend on using an OTA. This will go a long way to saving work time and customer headaches.

That's OK with me, as long as the price I have to pay is reasonable. Dual OTA tuners will be a huge advantage for me, since my locals aren't currently available in HD, and even when they are made available (next month?), I don't have LOS to the 129 sat where they'll be.

I actually had one hooked up sunday (almost). It got as far as downloading the software then got stuck at about 80%. The installer went back to the office and tried it on 2 more 722ks and they both did the same thing. He said they have one hooked up at the office and it works fine. hmmmm...

I was offered a regular 722 with free upgrade to 722k, but I will wait for the 722k. I'm replacing 2 hdtivos so I need the 4 tuners, and this was the first remote that works with my off brand plasma tv (Norcent)

so now I wait.....

I sent this e-mail to dish-

My question is, because I have already paid for the upgrade to a vip722, would I be able to exchange it for a vip722k at no charge and no add commitment. I would be willing to pay the extra charge for the antenna module, if that was necessary. Technically, I would be getting less with 722k because it has no OTA tuner. I could disconnect and reconnect them myself, so a tech would not be needed. The dual OTA tuner would be a big plus. It seems the networks like to put my favorite shows on all at the same time. The ability to watch the OTA stations on TV2 is also a major improvement.

I receive this reply-

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. As of now in our leased promotions there is nothing that differentiates the 722 from the 722k. I do apologize as the 722k becomes more widely available it is possible that this will change. I am sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

DISH Network Technical E-care

It sounds like it could be awhile yet.

You can go here to see upgrade pricing for your account:
https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/processEquipmentUpgrades.do

But in "dish fashion" it doesn't tell you what you're upgrading to.

Holy crap! That may be one of the most confusing pages ever! :eek:

So apparently, I can upgrade to a High Definition DuoDVR receiver (which I think is what I already have) for $100 shipped/$150 installed, or I can upgrade to an Enhanced High Definition DuoDVR receiver for $150 shipped/$200 installed.

That's clear as mud.

DishSpeak

Vip 612: HD Solo DVR Receiver
Vip 622: HD Duo DVR Receiver
Vip 722/722k: Enhanced HD Duo DVR Receiver

Wow. So I can return my ViP 622, upgrade to a ViP 722k instead (which is very nearly the same as a 622), for the low, low price of $150 AND another 24-month commitment?

How generous of them. :rolleyes:

Wow. So I can return my ViP 622, upgrade to a ViP 722k instead (which is very nearly the same as a 622), for the low, low price of $150 AND another 24-month commitment?

How generous of them. :rolleyes:

You need to log into your online account and see for sure what you're specific options are and the prices. Even then, subs have been known to get better rates by talking to one or more CSRs or leading their case to the executive office. Rates tend to go down with promotions and the amount of time since your last Dish'n It Up or commitment time remaining, if any.

You need to log into your online account and see for sure what you're specific options are and the prices. Even then, subs have been known to get better rates by talking to one or more CSRs or leading their case to the executive office. Rates tend to go down with promotions and the amount of time since your last Dish'n It Up or commitment time remaining, if any.

Unfortunately, those are the prices listed when I logged on to my online account. $100 to "upgrade" to something I already have seems odd to me.

Once the 722k becomes widely available, I think I'll give the CSR's a call. I've been a Dish customer for a little over 2 years, and I've been out of contract for about 6 months. Never taken advantage of any Dish'N It Up promotions. Hopefully they'll be able to come up with something better than $150.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts