722k capabilities

DocPit

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Midwest
Consider, for example, that I have an HDTV connected to a 722k with an HDMI cable in the LR. Also, I have 3 other HDTVs connected to coax in 3 other rooms. Is it correct to say that the 722k could control any 2 of those 4 TVs at a time, but only the TV connected with an HDMI cable would be able to show HD?

Only the TV connected via hdmi will be in HD. You can send the TV2 output in SD to all the others. If you wanted HD at the others you could add a 211 series at each TV. Pay a 1 time $40 per account and add an ehd at each to turn them into dvr's.

Only the TV connected via hdmi will be in HD. You can send the TV2 output in SD to all the others. If you wanted HD at the others you could add a 211 series at each TV. Pay a 1 time $40 per account and add an ehd at each to turn them into dvr's.

This confuses me - Is it the 211 or 211k that can have an EHD added, making it a DVR?

Yes. 3 component and 2 RCA. All outputs are live all the time.

HDMI splitters aren't perfect, but that's probably the way to go. Just get suggestions from someone that bought a trouble free model. Sometimes programs with HDCP can be a problem. Or at least, early on that was the case.

I'm a newbie. How would I "mirror via component"? Would that mean running wires from one room to another?

Component connection means using the red/green/blue component out plus red/white audio out or if you can find a long enough optical cable. Rather bulky 5 cables connection.

If you went this route. it would be best to connect the primary TV this way and get a long hdmi cable for the remote TV.

Component connection means using the red/green/blue component out plus red/white audio out or if you can find a long enough optical cable. Rather bulky 5 cables connection.

If you went this route. it would be best to connect the primary TV this way and get a long hdmi cable for the remote TV.

+1!

Get your HDMI cable and a POWERED HDMI splitter from monoprice.com (if you want to use HDMI @ both TVs). Great prices, fast shipping & excellent service.

Ed

+1!

Get your HDMI cable and a POWERED HDMI splitter from monoprice.com (if you want to use HDMI @ both TVs). Great prices, fast shipping & excellent service.

Ed

Very good recommendations, IMHO.

Is it true that the 722K can record 4 shows simultaneously? I watch the youtube video on the announcement way back and the tech said two satellite recordings and two OTA recordings as long as long as you have the additional module.

Is it true that the 722K can record 4 shows simultaneously? I watch the youtube video on the announcement way back and the tech said two satellite recordings and two OTA recordings as long as long as you have the additional module.

Yes, you can record 2 satellite and 2 OTA channels when you have the module attached. When this is going on, you will have to be watching one of those channels, or a previously recorded event

And it could be downloading a VOD event off the Internet while playing back 2 previously recorded events, making for a grand total of 7 streams going to and from the disk.

Excellent! I had a technician out here for the installation and he said I could not do this. He then called into his supervisor who also said I could not do this....

Can you provide me the step to accomplish? THANKS

you set the recordings (timers) like normal. There is no "trick" to it. If the recordings are from OTA you can have 2 recording at same time. Same with 2 sat recordings. So you could have set up as example
from 9-9:30 on your local CBS (OTA)
from 8-10 on another OTA station (say a movie on a subchannel)
from 9-10 on History (lets say you like Pawn Stars)
from 9-11 on HBO (a movie)

There ya go. 4 programs being recorded at once

If both tuners of one type (sat, OTA) are being used then you would be limited to switching channels on that type. So in the above example, at 9:30 you could flip through the OTA channels but no sat channels unless you stopped a program

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)