722K cooling/Avg Temp??

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Any of you that have had a 622.722, are you seeing the same higher temp in enclosed areas with the 722k, or did they actually design a cooler running box for once?

Hoping I dont have to run my usb fan on this one too (its in an enclosed cabinet)

run fan

Any of you that have had a 622.722, are you seeing the same higher temp in enclosed areas with the 722k, or did they actually design a cooler running box for once?

Hoping I dont have to run my usb fan on this one too (its in an enclosed cabinet)

I doubt that this unit is going to run cooler due to having more stuff in it. No matter whether it runs cooler or not in an enclosed area you will need to run the fan.

My experience has been that with the built in cooling design of the 722 you will likely have a premature failure, probably of the hard drive.
I managed 15 months on mine before I started getting the various messages that hard drive had failed. The unit had always operated in the open and at normal room temps.
Now have it operating just fine with the same hard drive but have the cover off and hard drive setting on edge with a little personal fan blowing into the box and the bottom side of the hard drive, not a good long term solution.
There is a thread concerning 622/722 temps and some solutions but it still boils down to poor design by the engineers that should have been corrected by the time the 722 came out. Seems they would rather put up with unhappy customers than re-design.

I agree that the 622/722 coulda been designed better, but this was more of a question about the 722k. Guess Ill post updates in the 722 cooling thread as to what I see and if I have to use my USB fan.

ViP722 - How to record in SD only

Can I xfer Dish external HD programs to PC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)