722K - Do they need a G3 card in the smart card slot?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Do the 722K receivers require a G3 card or are they built in? My 722 has a card in it's slot but I was not sure if the 722K did not require the card?

they still have a slot though.. I always presumed that initially you get one with onboard SIM info ... and then out come the encryption police and send everyone new smart cards.. had that with my 625's long time ago... but have only had my 722k's since December.

TG2 said:
they still have a slot though.. I always presumed that initially you get one with onboard SIM info ... and then out come the encryption police and send everyone new smart cards.. had that with my 625's long time ago... but have only had my 722k's since December.

That us pretty much right. Everyone is going to 4G why can't dish join the party with G4 cards. Lol.

That's pretty much how it works. The latest smart cards were released in mid-2008. The 722k was released in early 2009. Thus, the internal smart card is up-to-date and no new card is required at this time.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't see the post above mine. Great minds think alike :) .

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts