722K Dying?

jrhut11

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
Springfield, MO
Is my 722K dying? I was out of town for 3 days over the weekend. Came home and turned on the receiver and got a Warning 981 boot recovery screen. Not sure exactly the wording but said it was downloading something and to not turn off the unit. After waiting a couple of hours I unplugged the unit waited a bit then plugged it back in. The same screen came back up and I left the house for awhile and left it alone. When I returned it seemed to be working ok. The next morning the wife said she had the TV on while getting ready for work. She noticed the audio stopped and when she stepped into the room there was some sort of screen telling her it was downloading something again. I did not see the screen myself so I was not sure exactly what it said. It eventually came back on and she didn't mention it to me until that night. I was thinking maybe it was some glitch that had corrected itself. As far as we knew at the time it worked all day Tuesday. However I did walk by and see the TV 2 tuner light on once with no input from us. That brings me to today. I record a program at 11:00 am every weekday. At about 11:15 am I went in to turn the TV on and noticed that one of the record light was not on as it should be to watch the program but that the tuner light was on. I turned the TV on and got the downloading guide screen. I let that run its course and the TV came on. I checked the program that was supposed to record for 30 minutes and found that the recording has shut off after 18 minutes. I assume that is when it decided to download the guide. This all gives me the feeling that something is wrong with the receiver and that it may actually be having more issues when no one is around to notice. I feel it only a matter of time before it fails completely. I also have a 922 that as has been documented on this site a very buggy receiver. I am hoping a DIRT member will see this and help me out.