722K/EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
So I had a 750 Gig SATA drive just doing nothing, as it was replaced by a larger unit. Ordered a 14.99 SATA to USB enclosure from Newegg, which BTW is really well built.

Plugged it in and formatted it. Then called the 888 # the receiver gave me. I was pleasantly suprised that I could authorize it via the automated system. Kudos to Dish for not making me talk to foreign support.

I'm pushing some test programs to it to see if I will have the 'erase' bug.

I am very impressed with this USB case. In case anyone is curious...

Newegg.com - MASSCOOL UHB-360US Aluminum 3.5" USB 2.0 External Enclosure

Not sure what you are talking about with the delete bug. I've been using an EHDD with my 722k since the feature was released and never had anything deleted. I think those that have issues are the exception not the other way around.

Not sure what you are talking about with the delete bug. I've been using an EHDD with my 722k since the feature was released and never had anything deleted. I think those that have issues are the exception not the other way around.

I had read the horror stories in the EHD bug thread. That actually delayed me from enabling this support. I just have so much programming recorded for my daughter that I finally had to do it.

I'm glad its working great. I wish I had not waited now.

The actual purpose of the thread though, was to tell Dish thanks for making EHD activations easy and automated.

2nd on EHDD

There has been a problem of the 2nd video on the EHDD getting deleted for some reason w/ some of the VIP units. Knock on wood hasn't happened to mine yet but the 2nd vid I have on it can be sacrificed.

I have the bug... Scott reported that a new update is coming for the problem in the 922 forum. I'm waiting to see what happens...

Using Free Agents here.

EHDD

I feel for ya. I have 6 grandkids who rely on my DVR to record shows they can't get at home. I've ordered a new 2TB HDD.....I'm hoping for no horror stories of my own. :rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)