722k failed/ESPN on ROKU how to Please.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronton3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Last night my 722k failed and Dish is sending a new one(1:30-pm no shipping info yet). My favorite sports team is the UCONN Women and they are on ESPN tonight at 6, there is a placeholder for that on the watch ESPN roku channel, I can also watch highlights of last nights games. My question is at 6, will the game be available to me since I have ESPN with my Dish 200 package, or do I need to do something else to watch the game live on the roku. Please advise. Thanks ron

No unfortunately you can not log in to watch ESPN on your Roku using your DISH account. That is supposed to be coming shortly... but its not available yet.

But don't worry the UCONN women will win today 97 - 52 :D

I have been asking DISH about this - my answer is no better than Scott's on timing, but it does sound like it is very much underway. Sorry there is not any more info (I check my apps every day waiting for that little DISH logo under 'providers'.)

I have a 211 stashed away in a closet for just these sorts of emergencies... You can pick one up cheaply and it is good insurance if your unit craps out on you. And since my main unit is a 922, it has gotten a great deal of useage!

Unlike the Men's tournament it does not look like the NCAA online has Women's games. Are you in Ct.? Go to a bar for awhile and watch them take a 40 point lead then go home.

Thanks for the answers

I was hoping there was a magic solution but am not surprised there is not one. I was dismayed last night when I saw that Dish and Direct are not listed as providers. I am surprised that I can at least watch highlights. I have an old 510 I think, in the basement would it work if I hooked it up. I now live in NE Mo so the bars are not an option. Thanks ron

501 wont work

I did a quick chat and was told I have to have an HD receiver is the 211 HD? I just received a UPS tracking #, goody goody gumdrops. Thanks ron

I was hoping there was a magic solution but am not surprised there is not one. I was dismayed last night when I saw that Dish and Direct are not listed as providers. I am surprised that I can at least watch highlights. I have an old 510 I think, in the basement would it work if I hooked it up. I now live in NE Mo so the bars are not an option. Thanks ron

Where in NE Mo do you live? I grew up in NE Mo.

Macon

About 60 miles N of Columbia on 36&63. The new 722K will arrive tomorrow by UPS, fast work by Dish. I am wondering if I should take the antenna module out of the old one and put it in place in the new one or hook the new one up first to make sure everything is in order. A silver lining would be that last night I was playing around with my roku-2 with the new software 3.0 on my Ipad Air, and was able to play from the Itunes library over the roku. I did not know that was possible, and it was easy. Thanks ron

Wow DAMN I am good! Final score... 91 - 52!

I am hoping to see the highlights on watch espn/roku. I hope my favorite (Bria Hartley) did well. ron

I tried that and Centurylink is not a provider of ESPN3, Last year I paid about 65.00 to an outfit from NY for their stream, but it wasn't very good. Now that is not available, and they are being shown on ESPN a much better option most of the time. New Britain Ct (ESPN) is not far from Hartford.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)