722k going to "Partial Signal Loss" at random

I have been having this problem on HLN channel 202 for a while. Have been working with DIRT on it. The current solution is to send a tech out.
It will be interesting to see what happens as it is only one channel (that I am aware of) and generally is only out less than a minute. It is a totally random occurance too. Going up or down a channel and then back usually fixes it. Signal is good.
I will post after the tech visit this weekend

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I have the same problem with my 722k

fuzzy said:
I have the same problem with my 722k

The tech came and went. Has never seen a problem like this. Checked signals all three sats are fine. Amazingly we did actually have the 004 error pop up when changing channels to 202.
As I thought there really wasn't anything for him to do other than what he did, which is the same thing I have done.
The tech that came out is the owner of a local tv and electronics shop. Done dish service calls for me in the past. Plus he has been in the sat business since for ever, so I do belive what he tells me.
So after many years of near trouble free service from dish we seem to have a problem that no one knows how to solve.

Ross

We have now been hit with random "Partial Signal Loss" errors on our 722k. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Hall said:
If your dish or antenna is properly aimed, there's nothing the end-user can do.

I figured that from the outset. However it is not a widely reportedissue on this forum and the tech that came to my home (known him for many years; hesbeen in sat business a long time), checked with his contacts and there is nothing reported on this issue. He seemed to think it could be a software glitch that might fix it self. I wonder if it is the receiver?
Sometimes I think it would be advantageous to be able to reflash the software even though linux is much more stable than windows it is what we did in the "old days" when a windows pc became to slow. Reformat the HD and reloadthe OS. Solved a multitude of operating issues.

Ross

Last edited:
Sorry, as far as what an end-user can do, about the only thing is to report it to everyone you can (phone reps, internet forums, installers, etc).

As far as reloading s/w, on Windows or Linux, what you're really doing is un-doing or removing 'crap' that "we" install. That's not the case with receivers...

Hall said:
Sorry, as far as what an end-user can do, about the only thing is to report it to everyone you can (phone reps, internet forums, installers, etc).

As far as reloading s/w, on Windows or Linux, what you're really doing is un-doing or removing 'crap' that "we" install. That's not the case with receivers...

Agreed. I was just surmizing that ifthis random drop out of certain channels is a software glitch then a possible resolution could be a reformat anreloadof the OS. Which is something the user can't do.

Ross

Agreed. I was just surmizing that ifthis random drop out of certain channels is a software glitch then a possible resolution could be a reformat anreloadof the OS. Which is something the user can't do.

Ross

You can go back to original load on the DVR. But I don't think it will help. Reason as soona as the default was to load then it would look for updates and reolad the most recent s/w over nite when it calls home.

I have been having this problem on HLN channel 202 for a while. Have been working with DIRT on it. The current solution is to send a tech out.
It will be interesting to see what happens as it is only one channel (that I am aware of) and generally is only out less than a minute. It is a totally random occurance too. Going up or down a channel and then back usually fixes it. Signal is good.
I will post after the tech visit this weekend

Ross

This is one of the channels that I have problems with. The other is 132. I have 2 722. The one that I watch the most has this problem, while the other does not. The only difference is that I have my ota running through the one I have the problem with. The other does not.

Just had the problem on my 211. Had tuned to the Dish feed of one of my locals on 61.5. No problem with the 722, but constant signal loss on my 211. Press guide button or dvr brings the picture back.

Have a 622 with same problem. Does every one who has the problem have an OTA antenna? Once I made sure that the 622 was never left on an OTA channel the problem stopped.

I have 2 622s. 2 months ago one started having the signal loss ( both partial and complete)problem. It lasted 4 days and interupted many scheduled recordings. A tech rep came out after the problem went away and checked the rest of the system and found no problems. Just last weekend the other 622 started having the same signal loss problem. We , again, lost many scheduled recordings. This time we were also not allowed to see DVR events we had recorded previously. The Tech Rep is due today. The problem stopped occuring Thursday. We do have OTA to both boxes via different internal antennas. We made sure the OTA channels were not on either tuner and the last OTA channel we watched was that with the best signal strength. We do not trust either receivers now. We duplicate every recording we make. We move the recordings to an external hard drive ASAP. We pay a large monthly bill to get consistant service and have been frustrated.

whatchel1 said:
You can go back to original load on the DVR. But I don't think it will help. Reason as soona as the default was to load then it would look for updates and reolad the most recent s/w over nite when it calls home.

Yes that is true. However over many years of pc experience sometimes there is no definitive answer other than to reformat and reload. I have found that this often "fixes" a myriad of problems. Of course this is with windows. Linux is supposed to be much more stable, but there can still be unexplained issues that could be fixed bu a reformaf and reload of the os.
I realize this is moot and we may just needto deal with this random drop out until it resolves it self but it os a biy frustrating.

Ross

odbrv said:
I have 2 622s. 2 months ago one started having the signal loss ( both partial and complete)problem. It lasted 4 days and interupted many scheduled recordings. A tech rep came out after the problem went away and checked the rest of the system and found no problems. Just last weekend the other 622 started having the same signal loss problem. We , again, lost many scheduled recordings. This time we were also not allowed to see DVR events we had recorded previously. The Tech Rep is due today. The problem stopped occuring Thursday. We do have OTA to both boxes via different internal antennas. We made sure the OTA channels were not on either tuner and the last OTA channel we watched was that with the best signal strength. We do not trust either receivers now. We duplicate every recording we make. We move the recordings to an external hard drive ASAP. We pay a large monthly bill to get consistant service and have been frustrated.

I have a 722 and DO NOT have OTA hooked up. Have you done a check switch? O didthat as well as multiple reboots, didn't make a dif for me but if u haven't tried it wont hurt...

Ross

Yes that is true. However over many years of pc experience sometimes there is no definitive answer other than to reformat and reload. I have found that this often "fixes" a myriad of problems. Of course this is with windows. Linux is supposed to be much more stable, but there can still be unexplained issues that could be fixed bu a reformaf and reload of the os.
I realize this is moot and we may just needto deal with this random drop out until it resolves it self but it os a biy frustrating.

Ross

Understand been there done that on computers too. In reality I don't think even return to default is a true reformat.

I have a 722 and DO NOT have OTA hooked up. Have you done a check switch? O didthat as well as multiple reboots, didn't make a dif for me but if u haven't tried it wont hurt...

Ross

Before E* sends a tech they ran me through their scripted trouble shooting. A Check switch was included. They missed my Sat appoinment due to a sick Tech. It is rescheduled for Monday morning. The receiver has not had a signal loss since the appointment was made. The same was true of the tech visit 2 months ago for my other 622.

odbrv said:
Before E* sends a tech they ran me through their scripted trouble shooting. A Check switch was included. They missed my Sat appoinment due to a sick Tech. It is rescheduled for Monday morning. The receiver has not had a signal loss since the appointment was made. The same was true of the tech visit 2 months ago for my other 622.

Good luck

Ross

I have not had a intermittant signal loss screen on any channel since I removed our local WX 006-04 from my MT2. This channel aways displayed a signal loss screen even though the signal level on that channel is at 95%.

I'm at the point of switching to cable over problems with my 722k... at random, it goes to "Partial Signal Loss." But my 211 doesn't...

The retention people seem to think this is an isolated incidence, and have scheduled a tech to come out...

Is anybody else seeing this happen on their 722k?

WELL, BLOW MY SOCKS OFF! I have been documenting this same problem since 7/15 and it is on different channels and clear sky. Was going to post this problem soon. But it was brought back up so I put my problems with it here. Reading the posts, has this been fixed for anyone or is it one of those things like the optical sound cutouts that cannot be found???

RT.

RT-Cat said:
WELL, BLOW MY SOCKS OFF! I have been documenting this same problem since 7/15 and it is on different channels and clear sky. Was going to post this problem soon. But it was brought back up so I put my problems with it here. Reading the posts, has this been fixed for anyone or is it one of those things like the optical sound cutouts that cannot be found???

RT.

not solved yet

Ross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)